Monday, August 16, 2010

Success!

I can say officialy that I have a BIG BOY now! He is going potty all the time in the potty, and we had no accidents yesterday! I am beyond thrilled! I wish I could tell you about the program I used, but I didn't really use a program. Since Aidyn was ready, it just happened. I bought several different packs of mini candy bars, some stickers, and a bag of silly bands. Whenever he went potty he got to pick one as his prize. Apparently this was just the motivation he needed. Now even if he is outside playing or busy in an activity he'll stop to go use the bathroom!

I am so proud of him! I keep giving him kisses and praising him. He is eating it up!

After his small accident on Saturday he turned and looked at me. His face fell, and he said:

"Are you still proud of me, mommy?"

I replied with a hug and said "Of course Aidyn! I'm always proud of you!"

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me then said "I love you my little mommy!"

Talk about heart melting! Aidyn might be a big boy now, but he'll forever and always be my baby! :)

p.s. I didn't have to wipe up any pee or poop! WOOHOO!!! That also means no diagram. I know you're bummed!

16 comments:

Megan Ashley said...

What a big boy! Congrats, being out of diapers/pull ups is the BEST feeling ever!

Token Yankee said...

So cute, good job Mommy!

Elizabeth said...

Now that is wonderful news! :-)

sara said...

Great job sweet boy!!

Sammy said...

Woohoo! Go Aidyn! :)

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

Awww! Go Aidyn! And you are one clever mommy, rewarding him with prizes! That would speed up my learning process, too! :D

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Yay Aidyn!!! That's so awesome! He is definitely a big boy now, but to us Mom's they're always gonna be our babies.

Unknown said...

woo hoo! Congrats Aidyn! :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yay!! Congrats!

asj said...

So exciting!! Aidyn is lucky to have such a great little mommy! :)

Shelley said...

Aidyn is such a good kid!! I swear you are so blessed!

~Tom~ said...

How awesome is that?! Think of all the money you can start saving now that you don't have to buy wipes and pull ups! Way to go....(in the potty)...Aidyn!

jill said...

"are you still proud of me mommy?" that is so sweet! i think its important to try potty training when they're ready as opposed to when a book says you should do it. less frustration all around...although i totally plan on "introducing" corbin to the potty sooner than later im not going to have any expectations.

jill said...

oh, and i wish i got a candy bar everytime i went potty. ahaha!

Lori said...

Yes, we are very proud of our big boy aren't we?! Bravo that it has went so well!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Woo hoo. Congrats that is just awesome. Way to go Aidyn!
my word verification was outpead. LOL too funny.