Monday, May 17, 2010

Target Therapy?

I know I have mentioned more then a handful of times that I have a Target addiction. If there is a Target within a half hour radius I will visit it. ...ALL THE TIME.

There is just something about the red and white that makes it seem so much classier then blue and white. Right? I honestly think they put something in the vents that makes it addicting like crack. But really I wouldn't know since I don't do crack.. but I do "do target".

Okay, I don't think Target would appreciate this promo..

so moving on.

Friday Aidyn and I had planned to leave for BD's by noon. Since BD was going to call in sick to work, so that he could have extra time with Aidyn. So I worked it all out to work a half day, and my mom would pick the two kidd-o's up by noon, so we could get on the road. I had everything packed the day before, and everything was ready and waiting by the time my mom arrived. She picked up the two sprouts, and I loaded the car. We were on our way before noon.

Just as I am giving myself a pat on the back for being ahead of schedule I get a text. "My co-worker just went into labor. Can't call in. Hoping to leave by 8. sorry." 8? with a three hour drive?! (since we meet halfway at BD's parents) ugh! So here we are, going to arrive approx 8 hours ahead of BD. BOOO!

I was just about to hit the steering wheel when I realized: Yay! We past two Targets on the way!!! So at that, I pulled over at the first Red and white sign I found. After driving two hours already, it was a much needed break for my energetic three year old. We crawled out of the car, and headed on in. I knew I wanted to kill some time, and let Aidyn-man stretch his legs. Usually I plop him down in the cart, so I'm not distracted, but this time I let him walk beside me. He's usually pretty good about staying nearby, and did fairly well for the first twenty minutes.

As I was browsing through the clothes Aidyn played peek a boo in the close racks. We were both enjoying the Target therapy, when he ran off.

I don't know about you other moms, but when your child is out of your sight in public, you panic. My stomach dropped, and I ran around the racks looking for his green shirt. With out any luck I call out "Aidyn! Aidyn where are you?!!"

Then from across the isle, I hear (I kid you not..):

"I'm over here by the shorts and the boobs!"

There I find him surrounded by bra's, underwear, and pajamas! I about died laughing. Where does he come up with this stuff?! Needless to say he went back in the cart (after bribing him with a 2 dollar play snake!) and I resumed some much needed "Target time."

I swear with my kid, I'll never be out of blog material. EVER!

17 comments:

Stacey-Lou said...

haha he sounds brilliant! soooo adorable!x

Aubrey S. said...

You're kid is going to be too smart for his own good.

Unknown said...

for starters... I don't know anyone that doesn't HEART TARGET.. including myself. Your funny... maybe it is the red and white.. To me.... it may just be the big red and white circle.. because I know what the symbol means. I love target too, because the moment those doors open, its a waft of popcorn. That is where I go first too, the popcorn combo with a diet coke. Then my kids actually are decent and won't run off as much and hide, like your little one did. If the kids have popcorn, it helps my shopping experience. Love what Aidyn said... to funny. P.S. i HATE when my 4 year old hides in the clothing racks and won't answer my calls. Glad I am not the only mom with that prob. Have a good one, hugs, jen

Shelley said...

What a cute moment! So glad you have him to cheer you up on a daily basis. He's such a cutie!

alliehallmarr said...

That's so funny! So glad you're writing all of his funny saying down, so that you can remember them and he can look back on them :)

Jess Craig said...

i live walking distance to target and i'm probably there everyday. i always find a reason to go. plus the one near me has a grocery too so i'm always picking up stuff. it's great.

~Tom~ said...

My middle guy used to call it the "Don't be a boob" store. My wife had a tee shirt that Rosie O'Donnell was giving away for breast cancer awareness. It said "don't be a boob" in a picture puzzle type thing. A bee was for "be" and for the word boob they had used a red circle with a dot in the middle. I am assuming to look like a nipple. It did resemble the Target logo so his logic made sense.

Now as for your liking Target, you live in MN. You are brainwashed. I was in Minneapolis a couple years ago and since the corporate offices are there and they also sponsor our conferences, there were Target logos every where. Almost every other building in the twin cities has their logo.

Check your email. I am going to send you a picture of something that sits on my desk. lol

Brittney Galloway said...

Target is WAY better than the WM...and cleaner, organized, and classier!

Aimee said...

Target is my guilty pleasure. You would die by me from Target overload. I live walking distance (i kid you not) from one. LOL

Your little guy sounds so funny

V said...

hahahaha, this post really had me laughing. Kids always say the funniest stuff.. and the best part of this post? Target putting crack in their vents. lolol. I totally agree!

tara said...

i'm definitely addicted to target too!!

Elizabeth said...

I am right there with you...I LOVE TARGET! They have some cute summer dresses that I just adore. I broke down and bought a few!!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha "and the boobs!"

Love Target. I went there today.

Blogs said...

That's def. right...you'll always have something to write about! I love Target....It's two seconds from here so I am there almost every day....I find the best deals, then have no idea what to do with the stuff so I give it away....crazy obsession.....Your lucky u got 20 minutes from him...Miss H woulda been out of there in no time....I let her wander....but that's only because I know where she is and it's usually the same place Aidyn was...in the racks messing with clothes:) too much! I bet they'd have a blast together:)

Slyde said...

id like to hang out by some boobs today...

He & Me + 3 said...

I am always losing one of my kids for a brief moment in Target...they wander. Love that you found him in the shorts and boobs. LOL
Funny.

Chelsea said...

Boobs and shorts... hah that's hilarious!