Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why 3 small children hated me today....

Raise your hand if your sick of Easter candy?
ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!!!!!!

I'm sick of it as a temptation to my diet.

I'm sick of the kids begging for it... for breakfast!


I'm sick of having to keep it up high because Aidyn man snuck it yesterday, and thus didn't sleep half the night!

I'm sick of cleaning up wrappers!

I'm sick of cleaning up chocolate faces.

I'm just PLAIN sick of it!

(yes I did this myself in paint. don't hate!)

So today when the kids were in a fight, I stood up to see what was going on. As I rounded the corner I heard a door slam. Scared, I ran faster! I could just picture little fingers caught in the jam.

As I turned the corner, there it was. Spilled all over the linoleum floor. Easter egg chocolates, jelly beans, Hershey kisses, the WHOLE ENCHILADA. Hundreds of colorful candies exploded on the floor.


NO KIDS TO BE FOUND. They hid in a hurry.


"THATS IT!" I screamed as I scooped up big handfuls of candy and threw them into the buckets. I grabbed all three buckets, and found an empty garbage bag. GOODBYE CALORIES! GOODBYE WHINY CHILDREN! GOODBYE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS! GOODBYEEEEEEE!


At this all three children were now perched in front of me. Their eyes huge, tears running down their faces, and screams coming from their mouths. You'd have thought I told them the Easter bunny wasn't real. They were HYSTERICAL!


I almost gave their candy back.. but then I noticed the mess in their rooms and in the basement. I remembered the whining.. I remembered the sneaking.. I remembered all of it. No way jose'! There was no turning back!

Out to the garbage can it went! All of it! They cried and carried on for a good half hour. I listened and consoled, but soon enough they were back to playing. It is a relief to have it out of the house. I am so happy that there are no more "candy" holidays until October! See ya next year E.bunny! Next year can you bring less candy, and a few more carrots! You'd make me a much happier Momma!

13 comments:

Riahli said...

Good choice!! :) My kids get hardly any candy in their baskets...or for any other holiday...I think it's frustrating how candy has become the focus of holidays. I would have done the exact same thing if I were in your shoes. :)

alliehallmarr said...

This is a hilarious post! I used to work in a preschool classroom and every so often they'd have cupcakes for snack (what the?) Kids are just awful on a sugar high. The energy levels! The whining! The sticky hands! Ahhh! NO THANKS.

I say throwing away the candy was a good decision!

Slyde said...

holy cow tell me about it.

every night my son doesnt finish all his dinner because he SWEARS he is full, and then 30 min later hes asking me if he can eat the ears off of another choclate rabbit...

Big Hair Envy said...

It gets better....my 18 year old asked for a yoga mat and a new Bible for Easter this year!! The Easter Bunny tossed in a few pieces of chocolate for good measure though;)

Way to stick to your guns!!

twyla said...

you're brutal:)
no bs in brittany world!

Unknown said...

I hear you sista! I threw away the kids easter bags.. (buckets got put away a week ago) yesterday... but the monkey party last night brought them goodie bags.. with more cavities. I am proud of you, good job mom' glad you did the right thing. Your story was so great too. So next MONTH do you want to do a blog swap? middle of May? HUGS, jENN

Shelley said...

Good for you!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'd have cried too. All that candy...thrown away. Ack!

Another David said...

One of my co-workers has this giant Hershey's Kiss, we (the guys) have been hacking away at it for a few days. She also threatened to toss is if it started turning white, so we're upping our game starting tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Easter candy to eat. haha, just kidding. :)

Elizabeth said...

You are so funny!!! hahah!!!!!! I really didnt eat any this year..weird!!

Homemaker Man said...

Hardcore.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm sick of it...yet I keep eating it. ahhhhhh