Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Life changes...

So truth is, I need to make some life changes. There are quite a few, but some of them go back to my New Years resolutions.. most of which I have failed miserably.

So here it is blog friends. The top 5 I am working on this month:

1. No soda. None. Zippo. Nada.
2. 8 glasses of water through out the day. I honestly ALWAYS want to have water by me.
3. I'll eat breakfast EVERY day.
4. I'll sit down and eat my meals at the table. (NOT in front of the computer)
5. I will start the 30 day shred today, and complete it!

So not so bad... (except maybe the 30 day shred! lol)

I'm putting myself out there and keeping myself accountable through all of you! I am going to be 100% honest about this, and IF I slip up. If I can't keep my end of the bargain.....

I will post a dance video of myself... dancing to single ladies!

I am not a dancer.. in fact the thought of doing this and posting it makes me want to pee my pants! BUT that alone will keep me on a healthier track. Which is where I want to be. I slowly want to transition myself into a more organic diet, and I want to be a good role model to my son! :)

So whatya think bloggy friends? Can you help me do this?! And... please you don't want me to fail.. me+dancing= a hot mess express!

P.s. Thanks to all my volunteers! Spotlight Thursday starts tomorrow! SO EXCITING! You'll all be featured, just be patient!

12 comments:

Mormon Surrogate: I'm not the mom I'm just the stork said...

This sounds cool and you're so freaking cute!!!

I need to nix soda as well. One of my laptops is in the kitchen right by the table, so I usually eat at the table, but I kind of cheat and play on the laptop too.

I'm tagging you to come play a game with me...

http://mormonsurrogate.blogspot.com/2010/04/tagging-along-with-one-cluttered-brain.html

Juliana said...

WOO HOO!!!! I am so proud of you, these are wonderful goals and I know you can do it! I am excited to see your dancing video! oxox

~Tom~ said...

Ok call me ignorant but, what the heck is a "30 day shred"? Cutting out the soda alone will shed pounds. I recently read a study where 1 can of soda a day over a year will pack on almost 18 lbs or was it 8? Damn. my memory is shot these days. Either way, going without the sugar is a good thing.

I want you to succeed but, I have to confess that the video sounds fun. Maybe for my birthday in July? lol

Blogs said...

Good for you! I never stick to goals when I write them:) I'll promise to help you if you help moi! Make sure you come see me when ur down this way-we can meet up:)

Stacey-Lou said...

It's esay when you set your mind to it! I struggled with my eating habbits and my weight for years but never managed to stick to diets or 'resolutions' but in the last few months I have been completely determined to sort it out. I found foods that were healthy and that I really enjoyed and started carrying water everywhere I went and by some miracle I lost 7lbs!
Once you get into the habit, it just becomes second-nature!
Good luck! x

Kit Kat said...

So proud of you!
I'm changing my diet too! And... I'm not sure what the 30 pound shred is either...
but,
you are beautiful and I love you!

He & Me + 3 said...

Good luck. I should be jumping on that train with you. I so need to make a few life changes.

Brittany said...

I hope you reach all of your goals but a dancing video would be hilarious haha. They are great goals to have and I hope you keep us updated! :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so brave...I have a feeling you will follow through.
BUT still, can we have the video???
Good luck my friend!

Elizabeth said...

Best of luck to you!! you can do it!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Good for you!

I've started Shred 4 or 5 times and never completed the 30 days. Ha! I'm a wimp.

Another David said...

Go for it! Personally, I don't think you need quite that much water, though... you might wind up just going to the bathroom all the time, haha. Think about it: eight ounces, eight times, that's 64 ounces. A normal bottle of water holds 20, so you're looking at three bottles of water a day. I try to drink about half a liter a day, plus whatever I drink when I work out (probably about 250 mL), the whole thing works out to about a bottle and a half.