Sunday, March 7, 2010

Girls Day!

My best friend Twyla invited me to join her and a friend to Mall of America. (a great perk to living in MN) I am not one to turn down a day of shopping, so I accepted. My mom offered to watch Aidyn, and it was so nice to get away with no kids.

It took over a half hour just to park (after a two hour drive). The mall was more crowded then normal, so I offered to get us a reservation at Twyla's favorite restaurant. Twin City Grill! (yum!)


I got the table, and while I waited, I enjoyed a great glass of wine! I love me some White Zifendale

Twyla and I have been best friends since we were just little girls! She is more like a sister to me, and she can make me laugh more then anyone on this earth! It was so great to spend the day with her... and celebrate her birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWY! :)
We shared a great flat bread pizza. It was AHHH MAZE ING! :) Yummy!

After a great lunch we set out for some shopping fun. The first thing on the agenda was Make-up. Twyla purchased the make up she needed, and we browsed for a while. It was so packed that we ended up leaving early. I suggested another mall (my favorite in MN) and we headed over there. The next mall wasn't busy at all, and we had so much fun. We went to Sophora and gave each other make overs: (Twyla making Beth Ann beautiful!)

I wish I would have remembered to take before and after pictures.. but I didn't! Twyla should go into cosmetology school! She did SO good! Afterwards we did a little bit more shopping, before heading home. All and all it was a fantastic day. We had so much fun laughing, talking, singing, and of course shopping! :)
I am so blessed to have such great friends, and a mother who will babysit. (for free!) Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!
Happy Sunday!









6 comments:

Hope Chella said...

This looks like a great time. Your blog is very upbeat and I like that :)

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

Sounds like such a fun day!! I've always wanted to go to the mall of America.

Debbie said...

what a great day!! yay you!!:)

~Tom~ said...

I was in MN for work a couple years ago and went to the mall. Just getting into the parking lot took forever. It wasn't until afterward that I found out I could have hopped mass transit from Minneapolis right to the mall. We did have a really nice dinner at a steakhouse up on the third floor I think.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a fun girls day.
So nice that you are back in the midst of your family and friends!!!

Blogs said...

How fabulous! I love White Zinfandel too! YUM-Delish! I wish I was closer to y'all:)