Sunday, November 15, 2009

Live out Loud: Check this out!

My mom posted a blog that I think you should all read. I know a lot of you already do, but if you aren't already up to speed on her you can check her out at My life interrupted.

Her post got me thinking about this man that I seen yesterday in St. Augustine. He was sitting on a side street along side one of the many old shops, and I was fascinated with him. In fact I took several pictures of him. I loved that he wasn't afraid to play loud, and with passion. I love that he smiled at us, and thanked us when we dropped a few dollars in his gator.



After reading the post, and thinking about this stranger, it got me thinking. Am I living my life out loud? Is there times where I silence myself? Would I be brave enough to play my heart out on a side street? Am I brave enough to let my talents shine?

I decided that the only way I am going to be happy and able to leave a mark on this world is if I try to "LOL" each and every day. Live totally uninhibited. Whether its singing louder and dancing sillier with my students or going out on a limb and pursuing my art. I need to care less about what others think, and more about what my heart feels. What do you think? What can you do to "LOL"? Challenge yourself! I think we'll all be better people because of it.
and make sure to check out the link to read the original post! It is well worth your time!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh honey you are way too sweet. And I do think that you are on the road to living out loud. In fact, I think to some extent you already do. It's letting go of what others think and pleasing everyone(even me:). It's believing in yourself and all that you are. I can believe in you and encourage you to pursue your dreams, your art, and what your heart tells you but it's you that has to believe it. I see all of your potential. Do you? I believe in you? Do you? XXOO
LOL!!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is great! We were in St. Augustine a few months ago...saw this same guy and some others too. They are living out loud...and enjoying it. :)