Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A new buddy.

I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of people through my job. Parents, co-workers, etc... There have been so many wonderful people, that have made this transition for me SO smoothly. From the beginning they have invited me out, and made me feel welcome. One in particular is incredibly wonderful. My newest-best-Florida buddy.

This weekend was so relaxing, and much needed. My new FB (florida buddy) invited me over on Friday, and I didn't go home until Sunday. We filled our weekend with movies, eating, baking, and painting. We didnt leave her apartment much, if any. We slept in, talked late into the night, and shared our life stories. We talked about best friends, ex lovers, crushes, clothes, movies, and books. I finally found a good friend. One that shares similar interests, and "Gets me". We laugh at the same jokes, and love the same music. We are different though, in many ways. She introduced me to Spanish food, and I introduced her to "second hand serenade". It has all the makings to a really good friendship. She was just what the doctor ordered this weekend!

Next weekend she has invited me home to Miami, and i'm not sure yet if i'll be able to go. Its nice to just be invited, and to have someone to go do things with. Since my life is still so crazy, its nice to be able to have someone that I can cry with, vent with, and laugh until my stomach hurts with.. So FB, if you read this... Thank you more then you'll ever know :)

Lots of love, and hope,
Britt

5 comments:

Fragrant Liar said...

Oh, cool. We really HAVE to have friends around, don't we? Especially in a new place. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sounds lovely...you attract the kinds of friends that you ARE. You should do well in life. :0

Lori said...

This makes me soooo very happy! I hope to meet her some day! :)

littletoesandcheerios said...

That's great to find a friend like that. You are blessed.

twyla myrin said...

oh britt! i am so glad you have found such a wonderful friend..

i love YOU!