Saturday, March 7, 2009

no, i did not MAKE this UP!

"ohmigawd! What the hell did you do?!"

I make it a point to never curse in front of my son, so when he hears it (not that he understands it) he knows that i'm serious! So when I woke up to my son's smiling face that day, I was none to pleased to see it covered completely in make up. Foundation/bronzer/lipstick and eyeshadow a half of an inch thick smeared all over his face, stomach, and legs. My diaper clad son looked as if he had gotten a spray tan and it went horribly wrong. In the process he had managed to smear it all over the carpet, bed, and bathroom.

Ohhh that's not it. He ruined 99% of my make up. That's right. chunks of it pulled out with his tiny, little fingers. a tub of lipstick bitten in half. I almost cried. I had to be out the door in forty-five minutes and on my way to work, and had little to no make up to work with. Thank God I keep a spare foundation pack in my purse. In a pinch foundation + mascara + lipgloss are all I need. That day, it wasn't what I needed, but what I was left with.

After a complete and utter melt down, I got down to business. I ran some water, threw Aidyn in to a bubble bath. Plugged in my straightener, cleaned up the make up while it warmed up. picked through what was left of my make up to determine what was usable, and then dashed around to get ready. By the grace of God we made it out of the house on time. Leaving behind little traces of the horrible morning... that is except for a ring of make up around my bath tub, (which I noticed later that night) and the shimmer that graced my sons chubby cheeks for two more days!

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

He is a typical kid. Give them some time...they can destroy lots of things. :)
Luckily no one was hurt, well except for your makeup.

Busy Bee Suz said...

We are in Naples. South of you on the gulf coast.