Monday, April 12, 2010

Little brother.

Last night I got a text. message from a very important guy in my life, my brother. He has been my best friend since I was a little girl. My whole family is close, but my brother and I share a special bond. We don't talk every day, but we talk often. We both know that if something is going wrong in our lives, and we need to vent the other will listen. Likewise when we have something exciting happen and we just are bubbling with excitement. He is my "go to" guy.


Last night his texts were sounding very down. Although he is a successful college student, handsome, friendly, and sweet he is very lonely. After the break up with his girlfriend of two years, my brothers heart was shattered. She said a lot of hurtful things to him, and it will take a long time for his heart to heal, and his self esteem to be mended.

My heart breaks when his breaks. I wish I was in FL last night to hug him. He only deserves the best, and I hope with all my heart that the right girl will come along and allow herself to love a "nice" guy. The kind of guy who buys flowers for no reason, who writes sweet letters, one who comes to his sister to help pick out the perfect Valentines day/Birthday presents ever, who is supportive, and who is a complete and total family man. That girl will be mighty lucky.

Why is it girls always fall for the guys who treat them like crap? Why is it that as females we question the guys who are sweet? *ugh*

Keep him in your prayers. I know he'd kill me if he knew I was posting about him, but he just had me a little worried. Pray that his heart is renewed and that he can see himself the way that God (and I) see him. He is such a great guy, and I just love him so much. I just hope one day he loves himself just as much as I love him!

17 comments:

Blogs said...

Very Much So. On the brighter side-he's lucky to be alive and well. Love will fall into place. I only wish I could text my brother right now:) Maybe I can-We left his cell in his casket! Do you think he'll answer!:)

alliehallmarr said...

Girls can be so stupid sometimes! You are an awesome sister, he's lucky he's got you!

Shelze said...

I will keep in him my thoughts and prayers, and I know that one day he will find the right person.

Rathi said...

Hi Dear Brittany,

I have a sister who is just as much as you feel for your brother, to me. I can understand you would have felt. Aaargh.... when such things happens to our loved ones...
But with you by his side, i ma pretty sure that he'll get back soon... I can see how much you love him... this is such an intense post. I hope that you get to go to FL... that will make both sides feel better...
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

TELL YOUR BROTHER HE IS A DOLL! wait... ADORABLE... WAIT CUTE STUD MUFF... YOU GET THE IDEA. Darn stinken girls, you wish you could slap some sense into them. She will get hers. He will LAND the greatest girl one day.... who will adore him and appreciate him! Love that you are both so close. Love your makuup post too. I need to go read the other ones right now..... HUGS, Jenn

AiringMyLaundry said...

Poor guy.

I'd love a man like that! I hope he finds someone who will treat him right.

Lily Dawn said...

Awwww, your brother is so cute!! Don't worry he will find an awesome girl! I dated one "jerk" and was over it... I ended up with one of the good guys =)

Lyss :) said...

my heart goes out to him. I feel like hes in the same boat as my sis! One day the right person will come aroud for him and i cant wait for the day that my sis finds the right guy too!

He & Me + 3 said...

Well he is just adorable. A real cutie patootie! I will say a prayer that he finds peace & really knows his worth!

~M~ said...

Aw, sorry to hear that! :(

Tanya said...

Jason is definitely THEE sweetest most perfect boyfriend, I know this considering the fact I consider him a best friend and he has dated several of my other best friends. He text me last night but I was sleeping and when I got it he didn't respond. I sure hope that everything is going okay!! Maybe we can go down and visit together and give him a big hug!
I sure miss him!

Blair McLeod said...

your blog title blocks are so cute!!

I’d love for you to stop by: www.wild-and-precious.com

Lisa said...

Your relationship w/ your brother is very similar to mine, except my brother is 2 years older. Tell your brother he's a cutie and seems like a sweetheart, and that any girl would be beyond lucky to have him! :)

Annie said...

i have an idea...your little bro and my little sis?!?!
they both deserve the best and i feel like my sister keeps getting her heart broke.
your bro is a cutie and my sis is a doll, we're all in MN...lets set them up ;)

hope all is well for you pretty girl!

Blogs said...

Ummm-you can tell wild and precious didn't read the post get her out! I hate comments like that!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Aw, your poor brother! But one day he'll find a girl that loves what a nice guy he is.

I'll keep him in my thoughts hon!

Shelley said...

Thanks so so much for the sweet comment and for following me! I feel so bad for your brother! If I were single.... ;-);-)

I'm following you right back!