Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Florida


Dear Florida,

It is almost time for me to say goodbye to you. It was just over a year ago that I flew here to meet you. Never knowing that you would become such a big part of me. I love so many things about you. I love your oceans, your beaches, and your attractions. I love the smells, the many cultures, and the feeling you give me just by being here. I love Gator football, and roar of enthusiasm at game time. I love having a cold beer, on one of your hot summer days. I love driving down your long stretches of highway until I reach Miami. Singing my heart out, until I am surrounded by beach and palm trees. You have so many beautiful places. You take my breath away at times.

More then anything, you hold some of the most beautiful people I have ever met. I never thought that I could fall in love with so many different kinds of people in one place. They are different, quirky, and funny. They taught me fashion, religions, cultures, and friendship. I was destined to meet each and everyone of them. Florida to me has become them. All their smiling faces, surrounded by your beautiful background. :)

Thank you for the moments you have given me here. I am amazed at who I have become since I have been here. You took a depressed, Midwestern girl, who hadn't quite found herself and turned her into a woman who has her own sense of style, courage, and strength. This year has been packed full of "Florida memories"- ones I can't wait to take back with me.

The Midwest is my home.. but you FL... well you have my heart! I'll be back, you're far too alluring to stay away for long.

(its not goodbye its...) See ya later (gator),
Brittany!

6 comments:

~Tom~ said...

As you leave, please face South and give a wave for me. As I have told you before, I was born in Micanopy. The town just to the South of where you are. I have not been back there in about 20 years. So send wishes for me.

Have a safe trip home my friend.

MrsKraft said...

Blow Miami a kiss for me, too. I lived there for almost 9 years--from my 22nd birthday until I reached my 30s. The people, places, and memories I have from there are priceless.
But I will say...there is no place like home.
Happy moving!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so sweet Brittany.
It is so much better leaving a place that you love and will hold in your heart forever!!!!! We have had to make big moves, and each place holds a special spot in my heart, the people, the surroundings.

hugs, suz

He & Me + 3 said...

That is the way I feel about NC!

Another David said...

Aaawwww. Good luck with your move!

Elizabeth said...

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! Travel safe my dear!! XOXO!!