Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines day my son!

Dear Aidyn,

Today is our third Valentines day together. I can't believe thats it. I feel like you have been around forever. Before you Valentines Day could be very lonely. If I didn't have a boyfriend- I wanted one. If I did, I had such high expectations for myself and them that it was always a let down. Then you came into my life. With your blue eyes, adorable smile, and most wonderful kisses in the world. You taught me what it was to love.

You taught me that love is selfless. You taught me how love can fill you up in such away that you beam with happiness. You taught me that love is waking up at 7 am even when you didn't get to bed until after 2am. You taught me that love is kissing me at 7am and making getting up worth it! You taught me that love is being scared when you have a fever, and laughing until I cry. You taught me that love is potty training. You taught me that love is scribbles on a piece of paper. You taught me that love is tickles, and cartoon mornings. You taught me that love comes in all different shapes and sizes.

You taught me how to love myself.

You. you at only two years old did all that! Imagine what you can do with the rest of your life! Thank you my son for showing me the true meaning of this holiday. To some it may just be a Hallmark holiday, but to me.. well its discovering what love really is. Dwelling on it, and realizing just how lucky I am that you are in my life. :)

So tonight I will go to bed knowing that you- my little romeo are happy, healthy, and loved. Thats the best Valentines gift I could ever ask for! :)

I love you to the moon and back,

Mom

6 comments:

Midnitefyrfly said...

JUST ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Some people are meant to be mothers- and they create the life that defines love :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Awww...that is so sweet.
Happy hearts day to you both!

Brittany said...

That's exactly why you're a good mom! Such a sweet little letter to him :-) You should print it out, save it, and give it to him when he's older. I'm glad you allowed us all to read it :-)

Jill said...

What a precious letter to your adorable little Blessing!!!!
You are a wonderful mommy!
Many Blessings!
Jill

MrsKraft said...

That was priceless.

staclee said...

I LOVE THIS...
I CAN'T WAIT TO SOMEDAY BE A MOMMY..
:)