Thursday, April 19, 2012

I thought my life had hit rock bottom with the arrest and incarceration of my boyfriend and sons father... I was wrong. A few weeks after he was arrested I found out I am pregnant with our second child due this fall. After several months of throwing up, dehydration, and ER visits, things had started to get better. My entire family is looking forward to our arrival of this little pea pod inside of me. Wish the drama and excitement could end there! I promise I have enough on my plate... But it doesn't! A month and a half ago my son started complaining of abdominal pain. I brought him in and they did an X-ray. Turned oUt to be nothing more then constipation and a build up of gas... But they noticed an odd mass in his stomach. They figured it was a calcification, but wanted to check and make sure. A week ago Aidyn had an ultra sound that showed that the mass was in aidyns liver. They still couldn't tell what it was so we set up an ct scan for this morning. I was expecting the same results... A calcification... No big deal! But that's not the case. They are still unsure of what it is. The radiologist said it looks like a lesion babies get, but it goes away by around 18 months... Aidyn is 5... So it doesn't seem to be the case... The other two things it looks like are cancer Cancer... Liver cancer.. My healthy beautiful blue eyed boy can.not. Have cancer! I simply refuse to believe it. And so we pray... And pray... And pray. Next week we hope to get into the mayo clinic. They are going over his labs and scans tonight and will call tomorrow to make an appointment! I pray we find nothing. I hope all of you will too. That's why I write this. Because my God and the power of prayer are bigger then the "c" word... They are bigger then anything harming my son! So pray for him, for the doctors, for me, for my boyfriend and for this baby growing inside me! My whole family needs them! Thank you....

8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh Brittany, I am so sorry you have to go through such fearful times!!!!
My thoughts are with you, I hope all is but a false alarm!

JazzWhispers said...

Many, many, many prayers being sent your way.

krystal said...

Thinking of you and your family. :-[

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Oh Sweetie,My prayers will not cease. So sorry you all are having to go thru this.

Nicole said...

Prayers & good thoughts being sent your way hun! Hoping for the best! xoxo

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Brittany. Praying for you, Aidyn and the doctors, and that it won't be cancer.

Slyde said...

i am so sorry hon. That boy is much too cute to have to go thru something like this. Im praying for you and yours...

Modern Camelot said...

Praying for you and Aidyn, and your newest little one...hopefully you will all get some peace soon!!