Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spotlight Thursday!

Can you even believe that it's Thursday again? Honestly, where does the time go? Thursday means its only two days away from seeing NG, and three days away from my Birthday! :) It also means that while you are reading this, I am at the zoo with the kidd-o's! A belated Birthday present to "J".

But most importantly (to the blog world) it means that its SPOTLIGHT THURSDAY!

So sit back relax, and meet Mrs. Brittney Galloway. You'll love her, EVEN IF HER NAME IS SPELLED THE WRONG WAY! :)
(I kid.. I kid..) But honestly, she's one of the most incredible bloggers I know. I love reading about her life with her hubs, and the awesome adventure they go on. You can tell right away that God is in charge of their lives. Its a beautiful thing, and a great read!

So with out further ado.... MEET BrittNEY!Name: Brittney Galloway

Age: 23
Blog: Far More Than Rubies

Tell me about your blog: It's really a mish mash of things and covers a wide spectrum of topics. I feel like it gives my readers a really great glimpse into who I am. After all, every day is different. Some days {or weeks,} I'm all about photography, or cooking, traveling, or reading, recalling humorous situations or delving deep into spiritual issues, but I try not to stay on one topic for long, because I don't want to exhaust any issue. Alot has been discussed lately about our many moves in the last year, especially our current move to Canada and our impending move to the United Arab Emirates, for work. I'm growing a little tired of myself!

What kind of blogs do you like to read?:
All sorts. I love women's blogs, but they don't have to necessarily be "mommy," blogs. I like reading about how other women my age are dealing with life, whether it is with singleness, newlyweddedness {deal with it, it's a word now!} becoming a parent, infertility, jobs, and ministries!


Why did you start your blog?: I was just two weeks away from getting married, moving out of my childhood home and to a new town, and starting my first "grown up," job. I think that the age of 20 something is so wonderfully amazing and crappily horrible that I wanted to have an account of this time. I wanted to be able to look back and say, "Yes, I lived through moving a million times, unemployment, new church, and no friends, but God brought me through that." and this blog is the evidence of that!
Whats your favorite part so far about blogging?: I know everyone says this, so I won't be getting points for originality, but the community! My IRL friends would just mock me endlessly, but honestly, you all have become my second circle of friends! I laugh at your antics, cry at your losses, and pray over you daily. I feel contacted to your lives, your decisions, your families in a way that is inexplicable.

and.. just for fun....


If you could meet anyone in the world (present or past) for dinner, who would you meet, and where/what would you eat? :
I thought long and hard about this answer, and though I would love to say it would be someone superbly famous or historical, or someone who could enlighten me, I really think I would just like to sit down and talk with Corrie Ten Boom, to hear her story from her own mouth. And I'd probably do it someplace shocking, like Medieval Times or Kobe Steak House because I like to see old people shocked at cultural aspects of modern day life. It's just humorous.

If you had to play a character in a book or movie which would you chose?:

Oh boy. I'm a literary freak so this is like pulling hairs for me. Just one character? Probably Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. She's so witty and sharp, {which I wish I was more of,} has an untameable imagination {which I suffer from,} and has a love story that just makes my heart swoon.

Fill in the blank....

I'm addicted to _Chocolate Chip Cookies______.

I would walk 500 miles for _Girls' Night back home___.

I love the smell of _clean linens__.

Who is your celeb look alike? Hmmm, I don't really know. I'd love to hear your ideas! I've heard Drew Barrymore but I haven't decided if that's a compliment or not, ha!

I hope you all enjoyed this weeks feature. If she sounds like she's your cup of tea
(she is.. she is..!!) Go check her out here!

And as always, if you'd like to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Thursday, fill out the survey here (do it! do it!) and email it to me at britdjohnson87@yahoo.com! Hope to feature you soon!

12 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Ahhhh!!! Thanks so much for doing this!

molly said...

ohh wow! she's so pretty... and moving to UAE? how exciting. i'ma go check this out...

molly said...

the link to brittney's blog isn't working! :-( :-(

Brittany said...

FIXED IT!!!!! :) sorry guys!

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

SO cool!!! "I think that the age of 20 something is so wonderfully amazing and crappily horrible that I wanted to have an account of this time."... that is HILARIOUS and true - I will definitely be checkout her blog!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a sweetheart she is!!!
Have a great weekend and a fabulous birthday!!!!!

Stacey-Lou said...

already a follower and love her blog :) x

He & Me + 3 said...

She sounds so sweet and she is adorable.

Shelley said...

Heading over to say hello right now!

The Fashion Bloggess said...

wow! great post as per usual!
LOVE your blog sooooo much!
Such an inspiration! Definitely
bookmarking you righttt now!
Hope you can stop by mine
sometime :) xx

alliehallmarr said...

Can't wait to check out her blog! Have we ever talked about the fact that our birthdays are only FOUR DAYS APART FROM EACH OTHER?! Yay!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love Anne Shirley!

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite movies.