Friday, May 28, 2010

Another perfect day.. (in photos..)

Yesterday, we loaded up the kids and headed to Como Zoo. The sun was shining, and we couldn't have asked for better weather or cuter kids to accompany us.

When we finally arrived at the zoo around 12:30 p.m. (after making a last minute pit stop at the outlets!) we had ourselves a yummy picnic! Aidyn ate a sandwich that was bigger then he was!

My mom did such a good job packing the yummy lunch, and afterward we were all full, happy and ready to hit the zoo!
What were we going to see?

Lions? (check!)
Tigers? (check!)

and bears? (nope! The polar bear exhibit doesn't open until June 3rd FYI)

But we saw many other things....
and posed for many pictures.. but we were too distracted by the animals to pay attention to the camera! (but that's okay!)


The primates were my favorite....

especially this little guy. He decided to go on an adventure by himself....
but his mommy came to keep an eye on him!
OOOOhhhhh whats this?

Lets check it out....AND there was this big guy! He had his butt to us, until the kids all screamed "HEY GORILLA!" and then he gave us this face!
Speaking of big... Check out this pretty little (big) thing!
THE ZOO WAS A BIG SUCCESS! All the animals were amazing, and the kids were completely intrigued!

And if the zoo wasn't enough, we headed over to COMO PARK to ride the rides!

Aidyn decided to try his hand at being a fire fighter!

and took a turn at riding the swings!

and drove a car!

Aidyn: "I'm gonna drive crazy when I get big!"
Me: "Your daddy and I are NEVER buying you a car!"
and rode the choo choo train!

Then finished it all off with a ride on this baby....
Aidyn, J, and I giggled the ENTIRE time! (Makes me even more excited for Disney!)

I don't think smiles left their faces... except of course when I was taking pictures!
It was just another perfect day with my family! I'm pretty sure I am one lucky daughter, Auntie, and mommy!

Does life get any better then this?


p.s. Heading to see NG tomorrow morning! CAN'T WAIT! wish me luck!

17 comments:

Blogs said...

Looked like a blast! Our zoo-2 minutes away-SUCKS! ahahaha....I love those pictures-Monkeys and gorillas are my favorite! Have a nice weekend love:)

Unknown said...

tons of FUN BRIT. lOVE ALL THE PICS. what a fab. outing. Have a great weekend too. Jenn

~Tom~ said...

I bet everyone was totally wiped out and slept well last night. Fun times!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

OMG! That gorilla is HUGE!

And your little mister in those fireman boots is priceless! Totally frame worthy!

Enjoy the weekend :)

Annie said...

HOW FUN!!! i love the como zoo!! now i totally want to go there! :)

Kelly and Sara said...

I love the zoo! Looks so nice out!

Sammy said...

Looks like yall had a great time!

Have a great weekend!

asj said...

Great pics, so fun & cute!

Shelley said...

What a fun, sunny day!! I am so jealous!! I wish I could have been there :-)

Jess Craig said...

that lion looks like a dog!

He & Me + 3 said...

have fun with NG. I know you have to be so giddy:)
Sweet pictures. YOu did a great job capturing all the animals too. You have a beautiful family.

He & Me + 3 said...

have fun with NG. I know you have to be so giddy:)
Sweet pictures. YOu did a great job capturing all the animals too. You have a beautiful family.

Aimee said...

Aww the zoo is soo much fun... looks like you all had a lot of fun and saw some great animals.


your right the kids are sooo cute

Good luck!

Brittany said...

What a super fun day! I bet all the kids had a blast. I love that Aidyn has an ankle bracelet. He is just too stinkin' cute!! The zoo looks so fun. I haven't been in foreverrr. Giraffes are one of my fav. animals :-)

Have an amazing time with NG! Can't wait to here all about it.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I LOVE the zoo, looks like a great day!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day! Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

LOVED reading your post and seeing the children having SO MUCH FUN! I came to your blog thru your post on your mom's blog. I appreciated her honest sharing and LOVED the picture of the children running. Glad you ALL had fun at the zoo. I read this post ( http://marie-experience-strength-hope.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-friday-55.html ) and thought of you.
God bless you ALL on this vacation!