Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dear Aidyn,


Dear Aidyn,


My beautiful boy.


I wish I could explain to you just what today means to me. What you made it mean to me. In fact, I wish I could explain what it felt like the very first moment I found out you were growing inside of me. Or the first moment I looked at you. Such a perfect feeling- both overwhelming, and simply natural.


When I think of my life, it is you. Prior to you, I never knew what I was missing. I didn't even know that a whole part of me was missing. How could that be? How could you be everything that I needed, and I didn't even know it.


I thank God each and every day for knowing exactly what I needed.


Last year we spent Mothers Day apart. By far the hardest day besides spending your Birthday apart. I will promise you one thing, my son. I love you, and we will never-ever have to be apart like that again. No matter what I have to do, or give up. We will be together.


Every time I had to leave you, I would say: "Mommy always comes back." You would look at me and smile. Trusting me. AND.. I did.


Now every time I leave to go to the grocery store, or out with friends, you look at me and say "You always come back, right?"


The answer is, and always will be: Yes.


You are a part of me Aidyn. You are the best part of me. There will come a day when you will leave. You will go off in this world, and become such an amazing person, but when you do... Always remember this day. Always remember what it means to me. The meaning of this "Mothers Day" to me and all the other Mothers of the world.


Its not only a day of "thanks".. its a day for us to remember the moment that we became who we were always supposed to be. Its another day for me to love you. Its another day for us to be together.


Thanks for being the gift that allowed me to be a part of the most amazing group in the world. Motherhood. It is because of you, that I get to celebrate this day.


Thank you.


I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

7 comments:

Brittany said...

This made me cry Brittany :-( The love you have for Aidyn is so evident and he is BEYOND lucky to have you as his mom. You're so amazing! I hope you let Aidyn read these letters when he's older so he can see in words just how much he means to you. I know I won't be a mother anytime soon but if it's all you talk about and more, I can only imagine the happiness I'll be receiving when that day comes.

I wish you a wonderful mother's day!! You sure do deserve it :-)

xoxo!

alliehallmarr said...

This is so sweet, you are such a good mommy. Happy Mother's Day!

Aimee said...

Aww this is such a sweet and heartfelt letter.I can tell how selfless you are to be writing a sweet letter to your son on mother's day thznking him for coming into your life.

Happy Mother's Day!
you deserve a fantastic one

P.S. Thanks for your comment and for becoming a follower:)

tara said...

awww.. this was so sweet! you are a great mommy and i hope you have a wonderful mother's day!

Kit Kat said...

This is so sweet! You are such a fantastic mom!!!!!!!

Shelley said...

You are such a sweet mother!

jennykate77 said...

Sweeter words were never written.♥