Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dear Naughty Aidyn!

Dear Aidyn-man,

Today you made me want to pull my hair out. Today you were no doubt acting your age. Those terrible two's reared their ugly head. I'm not used to you acting like this, and when you do- you catch me off guard. Maybe you do it to remind me that you're human. That you really are only two.

Just in case you read this when you're older and you forget how naughty you could be... let me tell you exactly what you did today:

You pushed a little "friend" of yours at preschool- he bit his lip- it bled- ugh! (but you said sorry...)
You climbed on the cubbies,
You climbed on the furniture,
You hid from your teachers,
You didn't listen to your teacher,
You climbed on the counter to get cookies (after mom said no),
You didn't eat your supper,
You snuck a juice box from the fridge,
You cried and cried and cried for a "treat-treat" (that you didn't get because you were so stinkin naughty!)

That's not all, but that's enough for you to understand just why mom almost kind of did lose it! You got a swat on your behind and went to bed at 7:30. (I know-mean mommy!)

Actually at the end, after mom calmed down, and looked at those blue eyes, I wasn't so angry after all. I kissed you lots of times. I put you in your pj's and got out our I love you book. We read three stories, and said our prayers. We talked about everything we were going to do this weekend. We said our I love you's. I kissed your nose and tucked you in with sheep-sheep. You smiled at me before I closed the door.

No more tears.... you MUST have been tired.

I just want you to know that no matter how naughty you act sometimes that I love you. That I know you are such a good boy. That I am proud of you no matter what. I want you to know that you might not like me very much when I am tough on you, but I hope that the time outs, swats, and early bed times make you into the awesome man I know you are going to be!

I love you stinky face!
Mommy!

4 comments:

Homemaker Man said...

I had a similar day with my Peanut today. It's crazy how much it hurts to have to "be tough" with them.

Busy Bee Suz said...

It is not always fun fun fun.
As long as he knows he is always loved..he will be fine.
I hope you slept well Mama!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, the stories of kids....haha!

Slyde said...

awwww, isnt it just impossible to stay mad at them...