Saturday, December 26, 2009

To my Big sister....

Dear Jen (my big sister),

It is the holiday season, and we are both missing each other. Funny how when you are young you don't appreciate the time you have with each other. All the past Christmas seasons we took for granted. Now if I had one wish it would be that we could all be together. Playing games, having a few drinks, laughing until we almost pee our pants. I wish with all my heart that you my dear sister could be with us today.

I am so proud of you. You are making your own way, decisions and dreams come true. I look at all your adventures, and a part of me stings with envy. Everything that you have accomplished and seen. The memories you will have to take with you, and share with your children will be so incredible. :)

I am excited to share with Aidyn-man all the wonderful memories I have of our family when we were young. The wonderful Christmas days of the past..... Lets take a mental trip back... Shall we?

We wake up early, in our "white house". The light is barely creeping through the windows. Jay and I are the first ones awake. We race around the room waking everyone up, and jumping on Mom and Dad's water bed. Time for the special day to begin.

Mom in her usual order makes coffee and juice. We drink out of special wine glasses, and then go into the living room to gather around the tree. One of us reads the Christmas story from the bible, and we all go around and take turns praying. All of us giddy about the presents we are giving and getting.

Jason or I hand out all the presents, and we go around in a circle opening presents from youngest to oldest. Mom always had a gift of giving us exactly what we wanted, even if we didn't always get a lot.

Then depending on the day, we would get to play with all our new things. Other times it was a dash to get ready for church. No matter, it always felt safe and exciting. We appreciated the season more, for the real reason. We spent time as a family, and loved each other. That was the best part of all.

Jen I love you so much. I know that its hard around the holidays since you are so far away, but I want you to know that we think about you constantly. After the prayer at dinner on Christmas, Juan finished his prayer by saying "Uhhh thats it." Toni and I both looked at each other and smiled. It reminded of us of something you would say. You my beautiful, smart, sister are AMAZING. I love you very much, and I can not wait until we are together again.

Wishing you very wonderful holidays,
Your little sister
Brittany

1 comments:

Homemaker Man said...

That was lovely and touching. Happy New Year!