Saturday, December 12, 2009

RY


So since I got a lot of comments recently from my family and friends I have decided to get you all up to date on Riley...aka Ry.
First of all, I have to say he is PERFECT. He is everything that we could have wanted in a dog. In fact, there is literally nothing wrong with him :)!!!

We picked him up Friday after work. The ladies at the front were so excited to see us, and they were so happy for Ry. We adopted him from a "No kill" shelter. Meaning they take the dogs/cats from the shelters before they put them down. It was important to me that we adopt and not shop. Plus I didn't want a puppy, so when we found this particular pet rescue I was very pleased. Ry was with a foster family prior to coming to live with us. They seemed to have done VERY well with him. The foster family had seven other dogs, so you can bet that he was a bit starved for affection. (I'm sure its hard to space yourself between seven dogs!) He is loving every bit of our lovin!

Immediately we loved him. I mean LOVED him. I teared up when we saw him. I know its corny, but its true. Ry became a part of my family the instant I saw his picture. Seeing him in person just made it feel more real. He loved on me right away coming up and letting me pet his tummy. He was in heaven and so was I!

Even when there was an increase in fee, we didn't care. Fifty extra dollars was NOTHING in the long run. We just HAD to have him :) It was hard concentrating on the paper work when all I wanted was to take him home. To his forever home. With his forever family!

Since we had already gone crazy the night before at petsmart, our home was a doggy Paradise. Complete with an assortment of dog toys, treats, bed, and dishes. We all took turns playing catch with him, petting him, and walking him. (He also got to have the crust off our pizza.. I know.. i know!) I just couldn't get enough of him!

I haven't heard him bark yet. Not once! He did great in his crate today when we went to the grocery store. He hasn't had an accident in the house. He hasn't chewed on anything except his dog toys. He walks perfect on the leash. He didn't chase the cats outside. (Our complex has TONS). He sits on command. He already learned to shake! He has an awesomely long tongue so it looks like hes smiling all the time! He spends time in each of our rooms, so we all get equal Ry time :)! Can you tell i'm a proud mama?

Spending time with him, makes me miss our old dog molly, but like my brother says "Britt, we cant compare them." Its true.. there is no comparison. They are both wonderful, and I just cant believe that God has blessed us with yet ANOTHER awesome dog! :)

Welcome home Riley, welcome to our family! :)

3 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

That's so sweet! If I ever could get a dog (we can't because we're moving to the Middle East where they aren't so fond of dogs,) I think I would adopt as well! And he's just gorgeous!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am so happy for your new addition!!!
I am sure Riley is in doggie heaven with his new family...rescuing is the way to go!

RileyScott said...

Oh, I'm so happy that you're new family member worked out so well. I'm sure Riley will have a very merry first of many wonderful Christmases with his new family.