Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

Happy New Years Eve to all of you. I wish you a blessed New Year, with lots of love, laughter, and happiness to last you a life time. You have all touched my life in some way, and it makes me so happy to be apart of this online community. The things you write about, the stories you tell, the comments you leave. I couldn't get through this time without Aidyn without the support of all of you. This was my outlet, and you were all my rocks, my strengths, my laughter, and my hugs. Thanks to each of you for all that you did.

NOW TO VIEW MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS:

1. Becoming healthier. We all have things that we need to work on physically. I am going to start by going to the gym (hopefully accompanied by my little brother, who is incredible) each evening after Aidyn has gone to bed. Along with this I am going to cut down on soda. I wish I could say I'd get rid of it completely, but this is my vice. No drugs, just Coke, and when you work with 30 4 or 5 year olds, then we can talk!

2. Becoming debt free. Enough said.

3. Potty Train Aidyn! He is so close, and I have tried (sort of) to potty train. I am letting him go when he wants to go. He is fairly stubborn, and he does better when he is given that freedom. Before he left he was going number one on the potty pretty much all the time, but number two is a different story. My goal is to be diaper free house hold in the new year!

4. Less drama. I know some of it is out of my control. People will talk, things will be done.. but I have decided it is all in how I react to it. Most of the time, it isn't even worth my reaction. I need to learn to calm down and think before I speak/react. This also means less gossiping. Its hard to admit that I am a gossip queen. Its not something I am proud of, but when you work with almost all girls, its hard not to. This is something I want to work EXTRA hard on. If it hurts me, it hurts them.

5. Being a better mom. I think I am a pretty good mom. Like every mom I have made mistakes, and like every mom there is room for improvement. I want to start cooking good old fashion home cooked meals, spending more time doing arts and crafts (things he loves!), and going for more walks at night. I know its just little things, but I really want to spend more quality time with him! Even if this means not blogging one night a week, or (gasp) not viewing/commenting on your posts! (sorry!)

So there they are people! Out in the open for all to see!

Now I am off to enjoy this beautiful winter day with my family! God has already shown me his blessings. I have an incredible family, and thats one thing that I know wont change in the New Year!. :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have some great goals for the new year!! you can make it happen...just takes courage to believe in yourself and you will do it my friend!! Keep us posted on all of them! you can make it happen!

~Tom~ said...

#4 is a great one. I am forever saying, "We can not control our emotions. We can, however, control how we act on those emotions!"

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love your resolutions....those could go for most of us. Except for the soda...I gave it up a few years ago. (but I have my wine vice)
Have a wonderful visit!!!!! I hope 2010 brings plenty of joy in your life!!!
Hugs, Suz