Friday, November 20, 2009

Family :)

This post initially was going to be a b!tch-a-thon. I was having an awful day and I was about to purge it all out into a post. Yesterday started some "Step" family drama. Which I won't get into on here, lets just say some "Not nice" stuff was said about me and my parenting skills. It came out of the blue, and I was completely baffled. I would be angry and ready to fight if I had any idea it was coming, or I had any part in it, but I can say with complete and total honesty that I am the innocent party. So just about mid-way through my rant, I received a phone call.

It was my oldest sister. Like most sisters growing up we didn't always get along. She was quite a few years older then me, and I was the annoying little sister. It was that way with both of my sisters actually. I envied their friendship. I thought they were the coolest two people on the planet, and I dont think I even made their radar. For many years I felt excluded from their relationship. I've always been close to my little brother, but then we were only two years apart.

In the past few years things have turned around. I love spending time with my sisters. Each time we spend together fills a part in my heart that I longed for as a little girl. I yearned for the camaraderie that we share now.

My sister called to tell me how my family had come together to stick up for me. How her and her husband, my brother, my father, and even in-laws of hers had backed me up, each in their own way. I was at work most of the day while things were un-folding. Since most of the bad mouthing was done online, on home pages (that I dont have access to) I wasn't able to see the comments in my defense. Lets just say, MY FAMILY ROCKS!!!!!

I have gotten several calls today with encouraging words. Some pretty awful things were said, and for a moment today I started to believe them. I started to doubt my parenting, and who I am. I felt very low. I literally cried through-out my entire hour long break. I was useless all day long. Then BAM- just like that my family swoops into pick up the pieces!

I was amazed that they were there when I needed them. I didn't even need to ask. It makes me cry that God knew what I needed, and that he took care of me. When I was hurting, and felt the most alone, he brought these people to me!

The arguing is still going on, and I think my relationship with my step family is beyond repair.. but then God is good, all the time. He has brought harder hearted people to their knees... so we'll see. It is just nice to know that I am not up against them on my own. That I am surrounded by rocks.

I know that I am a great mother. I know that I am not perfect, alas I never claimed to be, but I am a good person. :) Mainly because I had a great family to help me become this person!

Thank you to everyone that consoled me, stuck up for me, and loved me! You made a horribly awful day into something much better! I love you all!

4 comments:

Summer said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!!!

not so much the rumors....but what your family did....I can so see my sisters doing that for me too.

Not so much my mom. =)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love your sisters...and btw I always wanted and STILL want a sister or two. :)
The only opinions that should matter to you about yourself is YOURS and those that you really care for. So, if they are not worthy of your caring, then you need not worry what they say.
You are an awesome Mom..I can see that from waaayyy down here. :)

Lori said...

It broke my heart talking to you yesterday. It is hard for me to be so far away and not able to help you. Like I said yesterday, you know the truth of what you are and you can't let people take that away from you. Another beautiful sweet post from you. Love you to the moon and back...XXOO

I Am Woody said...

I am SO glad that you had your family for support. Families that are willing to step up on your behalf rock!!