Thursday, November 18, 2010

We are thankful...

My Mom had this genius idea to make a Thankful Turkey...

I drew it, the kiddos colored it!

It turned out fabulous :)

Then the kids cut out colorful feathers, and we (meaning mostly my mom, because I work so dang much) helped them write what they are thankful for on the feathers.

Lots of sweet things such as family members, food, our warm home, etc.. And silly stuff like "I'm thankful we got to go trick or treating!" (Yes, that was from Aidyn!)

I think its a great way to teach the kids the true meaning of Thanksgiving!

I love walking past the Thankful Turkey and seeing all the wonderful things we've been blessed with! :)

And of course I couldn't forget about all of you! So "Blogging" has its very own Thankful feather! I am so Thankful for the fact that I have an outlet for all my feelings and writing. I'm so thankful that I can combine my two passions "writing" and being a "mom".. and most of all I am so thankful for all of you! :))
So tell me... What are you Thankful for?


Now to end on an ohhh so funny note....

THANKFUL TURKEY BLOOPER:



Anyone see something wrong with this picture? (click image to enlarge) LMAO!

17 comments:

Mireya said...

Totally cute!

I'm thankful for my faith, a loving family, and a roof over my head!

Renee said...

You know what I'm thankful for? Aidyn giving the finger in that last picture. Hahahahahahahahaha!

The turkey is so cute!

Aimee said...

Im thankful for getting a new job
Im thankful for my family
Im thankful for having money and a home
Im thankful for my boyfriend
Im thankful for blogging
Im thankful for my animals
Im thankful for sports especially Football and the Chargers
Im thankful for you!!!

Jumble Mash said...

HAHAH Your son is flipping me off!

I totally wanna make a turkey!

Slyde said...

oh wow, i totally didnt notice the finger! :)

Shelley said...

Ahahahaha! Love it! And what a cute idea! I'm thankful for so many things!! My great family, my new doggie, my new house, my new boobs (shh! :-), my friends, and the list goes on!!

Dancy said...

Man, that's a huge turkey! What a great idea.

P.S. - tee hee to the last pic too. I saw it on FB & giggled. :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hahaha!! He is giving us the bird!! LOL

Copyboy said...

It's like a magic eye. It seems correct to me. Love the craft idea.

Melanie said...

I love your thankful turkey idea!! It turned out very cute..and lasting memories are made!! :-)

Jessica said...

That's awesome! A great way to teach the true meaning of Thanksgiving. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Hello? Is he giving ME the finger???
LOL
I love this idea; we did it in a small tree and wrote on the leaves.
I am thankful for so much, that I would take up your entire comment page.
ps. I love bloggers too. :)

becca said...

ooh a game!

I am thankful for coffee.

[enough said, right??]

Elizabeth said...

How sweet! He just looks so HAPPY! You are one lucky Momma!

Nicole said...

ah! They learn at such a young age... LOL

More Than Words said...

That is awesome!! So many things I am thankful for, but the top on the list is, is Jesus!

alliehallmarr said...

i'm totally doing this with the kids i nanny! i'm thankful for you and your fun blog ideas. i just found "daily doodles" and i was cracking up. who is "the doc" anyway? so creative!