Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Aidyn


Aidyn,

I love the way you laugh. The way your nose goes up and your cheeks get big, and your face flushes red.

I love the way you kiss my forehead when I pull up your pull ups. You balance yourself by placing your hands on my shoulders, and when I am finished you kiss me sweetly. Every time! I don't even remember when it started. I feel as if you've always done it!

I love the way you lift your one little eye brow when you inquire about something. Usually when you ask for a treat. When I smile before I answer, you lift that eye brow and there is no way I can say no.

I love your blue eyes. I have no idea how you trumped my brown eyed genes, but you did it! You have the most sparkly blue eyes I have ever seen. They make me putty in your hands! (and you know it!)

I love the outfits you pick out when I allow you to go to your room and pick out your own clothes. They usually don't go together, but there not that bad either! I think you'll have pretty good taste when you get older :)

I love how protective you are of me. The way you hold my face before you leave for your dads and tell me to be brave. You always ask me on the phone if I was scared of any monsters the night before.

I love that you think you sleep in my bed because I am the one thats afraid! You tell your daddy you sleep with me so that you can bim-bam-bash the monsters if they come in.

I love that you tell everyone you'll be my husband when you get big. When I tell you that you can't be, you get the saddest look on your face! I hope my future husband is half the man you already are!

I love that the first thing you pray for breakfast-lunch-supper-and bedtime is me! You pray that I am safe. You pray that I am happy. :) I hope you know I pray for you first, and for the very same things!

I love that you love to color pictures for me, pick me flowers, give me kisses, and you go out of your way to make me happy!

I love that you pretend to check your email on your imaginary computer!

I love that your imagination is so incredible. You blow me away with the things that you say and do. You truly are creative.

I love that even when I was crying over your hair (YOUR hair!) or lack there of, you, the three year old, were the one comforting me! You kept saying "It's okay mommy! I won't do it again mommy! It'll grow back!"

I love how you shake your butt when you dance!

I love how you make me up songs, and you sing them so loud! You don't care who hears you, and you're so proud when I clap and whistle and holler for you!

I love that you love me.

I love that you are a "momma's boy!"

I love that no matter what... You are MINE! You and me buster. Together forever!

I wish there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't get to see you. Thats not the case, and I am so sorry for that. I wish things were different. I wish you never had to leave. I wish things were perfect, because if anyone deserves perfect, it is you. Just know that no matter where you are, I am thinking about you. I am loving you.

I love every little detail about who you are, and who you are becoming. You are becoming the person I always dreamt you would be.

Thank you for loving me and teaching me what love is.

I love you to the moon and back,

Mommy

17 comments:

Blogs said...

Awwwwww...I can't believe how much alike we are. I was going to do Dear Mackenzie when she came back but I've been smothering her with kisses so I haven't had the time:)

I feel the same as you...our kids are ours, our loves and the way they love us no matter what mistakes we may make, it will never disappear.

God is good. You are blessed:)

Sarah said...

I love this it's precious! I swear I have been following your blog but I just saw that I wasn't! :[ WTF! Plus I'm adding you on Facebook NOW. Thx for the sweet comments!

Anonymous said...

Awe, that's super sweet.

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

This is soooo sweet!! I hope one day he reads this and is thankful for such a sweet and loving Mommy!!

Annie said...

AW!! this is the sweet note ever! you have to print it so your baby boy can read it some day! :)
you are one fabulous momma!

sara said...

So sweet. There's a little girl out there somewhere how is going to be very lucky some day!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

This is SO DARN SWEET!

Brae said...

aww that was soo sweet!

Amber said...

Verklempt!! You need to print this off for his baby book. It was beautiful!!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh! Now I want to cry!!!!!!!! That was the sweetest thing I've read!!!

Shelley said...

This seriously made me turn all red right in front of my boss. I want to cry, it was so sweet!! I hope I have a little boy like yours!!

Unknown said...

SO SWEET brit! I love that HE IS SO SWEET, AND DARLING, I love that he loves you, I love that you love him. I love that you wrote this. I love that he has a great mom, and I love that you have a great little man. Hugs, Jenn

Aimee said...

AWWWW that was the sweetest letter ever. Your son sounds like the sweetest little boy ever!! All those little things he does especially the protectiveness and kisses are super sweet and show how good of a mother you have been to raise such a sweetheart.

Seriously you both are so lucky to have eachother

molly said...

beautiful!! he is so lucky to have you :-)

nanner said...

so precious

Dancy said...

This is incredibly sweet. You should print it out & save it for the future. Someday he'll come across it and read it and it will be a special thing for him.

Britt @ The Adventures of Josh and Britt said...

This is so sweet! I'm your newest follower :)