Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spotlight Thursday!

Welcome to another "SPOTLIGHT THURSDAY!" ladies and gents! :) This week is extra special because I am featuring my beautiful cousin Kat! :) Her blog is filled to the brim with intelligence and whit! If you love blogs that challenge your mind, are real, and bloggers who are as sweet as pie you'll love this weeks feature!

So without further ado....

Meet my cousin Kait from Life, Love, and Literature!

pictured on the right (orange) with myself, and our other cousin jac!


How old are you?: 23! (she just had a birthday a week ago! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!)
Tell me about your blog: My blog is mostly ramblings about the stress of college life coming to an end. I love literature, so there are random essays, critiques, and thoughts on books that I have been reading.

What kind of blogs do you like to read?: I like to read blogs of artists and writers. I like blogs about people's everyday lives. I feel like everyone has something to share that can enrich my life! I mostly like blogs that are filled with hope!

Why did you start your blog?: I started my blog because I have absolutely no idea what to do with my life, and writing/rambling about it helps. I also deal with anxiety and depression, and I find that blogging is a great outlet for it so I don't take it out on the ones that I love. I put it out there, and people have the option to read it or not.

Whats your favorite part so far about blogging?: My favorite part about blogging is reading a multitude of blogs about everything! I love the parent blogs... I can't wait to have kids! and I like the blogs that people have about overcoming some obstacle in their lives. I find so many of my fellow bloggers inspiring.

Kait and her boyfriend Johnathan!
and.. just for fun....

If you could meet anyone in the world (present or past) for dinner, who would you meet, and where/what would you eat? : Oh my gosh... Edgar Allan Poe? Yes, him. And we would have dinner at a super dark lit restaurant with jazz music, and I don't really care what we would eat... either that or Van Gough, and he could give me his ear :)

If you had to play a character in a book or movie which would you chose?: I would without a doubt be Jane Eyre in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Pick a theme song for your life: Three Hours by Nick Drake, and since not many people probably know this song... here is a little bit of it:
Three hours from London
Jacomo's free
Taking his woes
Down to the sea
In search of a lifetime
To tell when he's home
In search of a story
That's never been known.

Fill in the blank....

I'm addicted to COFFEE

I would walk 500 miles for AN ORIGINAL COPY OF PARADISE LOST BY JOHN MILTON

I love the smell of RAIN


Who is your celeb look alike? People tell me that I look like Parker Posie... I dunno though.

There you have it ladies and gents! I hope you enjoyed this weeks feature as much as I did. AND as always feel free to check her out! I know she'd love to meet you guys!

Reminder: I would still love some more volunteers for Spotlight Thursday! If you would like to be featured fill out the survey and email it to me at brittdjohnson87@yahoo.com! In the mean time have a blessed weekend! I'm hosting a yard sale at my house all weekend! I'll make sure to document the madness for you! Can't wait to read about everything you do! Have fun and make memories!

-Brittany

7 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

I'm loving this spotlighting thing! Great idea!

Shelley said...

I'm heading over to her blog now!

Lily Dawn said...

What a great idea... I love hearing about new bloggers, always interesting! (and she does look like Parker Posie) =)

Tylaine said...

Oh my gosh! You girls are too cute! I'll definately check her blog out.
Hey I left you somethin on my blog :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Great interview, she sounds sweet!

Pesto Sauce said...

Loved reading it

AiringMyLaundry said...

How fun!

I also love the smell of rain.