Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cookin' in the kitchen!

I just had to share with you a very delish' recipe that my dad taught me in FL. At first I was rather weary of it. (since I used to dislike onions AND peppers. I know, I was crazy!) Then after one bite I was hooked. I promise if you give this dish a chance, you'll be just as addicted as I was. Breakfast (or lunch..or supper.. or snack time) will be changed forever!

So without further ado.... BREAKFAST BURRITOS

What you'll need:

*I realize I spelled potato wrong! oops!
and you'll need all
First the prep work. You'll need to chop both the pepper and the onion.
Bake the potato, and then chop it into squares. Afterwards brown in a frying pan with olive oil.
As you're browning the potatoes, you should also be browning your Italian sausage. When cooked completely add in your green pepper and your onion.
Let cook for several minutes. When the potatoes are browned add them to the meat. Let all of it cook together in the skillet. I typically let it all cook together for a good fifteen minutes. Let the meat and potatoes absorb the flavor. Mix it all together with salt, pepper, chili' pepper, and some Italian seasoning. (season to taste)
When finished. Layer Sour cream, taco sauce, shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, and the skillet mix on a taco shell.
Wrap it up and enjoy!

It is a beautiful burst of flavor in your mouth. By far my favorite breakfast of all time! But don't just take my word for it, make it yourself! You wont be disappointed!


Whats your favorite breakfast recipe?

P.s. See that little badge to my right? Well this amazing little blogger V from V Chronicles is hosting a great giveaway! Go check it out! Seriously go!

7 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love breakfast burritos.

My fave breakfast is basically anything. I love breakfast.

Busy Bee Suz said...

YUMMY this looks and sounds delicious.
My fave breakfast? Leftovers!!

~Tom~ said...

We have made something similar, just with different ingredients. I usually toss in a red pepper as well just for added color. I am hungry just looking at your pictures!

Do you camp out? If so you can make this same breakfast with no mess. Put all the ingredients into a ziplock bag with the raw eggs and put into a pot of boiling water. It cooks in about 10 minutes and when you take it out, you have a nicely shaped egg roll that you just drop into the tortilla. The boiled water is clean and can be used to clean up any cutting boards used.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh yum, send one my way please!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh AND there is a little something for you on my blog ;-)

Unknown said...

Yummy Brit~ My mouth is watering.. and I havent had bkfast yet. Can you come over and make me this. HA! so yummy looking and sounding. Thanks for the recipe and how to. Hugs, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! My favorite breakfast food is anything sweet like pastry, pancakes with fruit, donuts.....you know, all healthy stuff! :)