Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Aidyn

Hey Birthday Boy,
This birthday seems to symbolize you becoming a boy. Prior you were still pretty much a toddler. You still had baby features, and still needed my help more often then not. Now you are slowly becoming your own person. Your favorite phrase these days is: "I'll do it. I can do it myself!" It was hard to swallow at first, but now I am just proud of you.

You have learned many new things this year. You know all your letters, your planets, your colors, and you have the best memory for songs. You love dancing and singing for me... you prefer to be center stage. You did great at preschool, and you thrived in the learning
environment. You make friends easily. You are not easily angered. You really do have a sweet spirit. Your teachers commented often about that. In fact, I had to sit you down and talk to you about self defense after the second or third time you got bit! I'm happy to say you're good at that too! :)

You are my big protector. You hate seeing me sad, and if i'm crying you hold my head and say "whats wrong mommy? Its okay. Take a deep breath!" I guess I say that to you a lot. :) If I sneeze or say "ouch" you stop what you are doing to make sure I am okay. You know what to say to make me smile, and your smile can about drop me to my knees. You are beautiful in every sense of the word. From the top of your brown head of hair to the tip of your toes-everything about you is perfect.


My favorite moments with you are at night time. The way it calms us both down, and helps us focus completely on each other. I love cuddling under the blankets and saying our prayers. We have "mommys" prayer and "daddys" prayer. Since Daddy is Catholic and Mommy isn't we each have prayers that we say at night. You and mommy pray for everything. We thank God for our day, our friends, and our family. We pray for sweet dreams, and for special people. I love listening to you pray. It makes my heart beam. We finish with Now I lay me down to sleep. Its Daddys special thing with you, and you know each word. Some nights we read story books, but other special nights you beg me to tell you made up stories. Your favorite is one I made up about a mermaid girl and a little boy. For some reason you love it. You smile and hold my face while I tell it to you. I love listening to you giggle.

Before I leave the room, I have to plug in your night light. Then I have to turn around and tell Phineas-your fish- "You keep him safe, Phineas!" then we both pretend to be Phineas and say "Okay!" in a high squeaky voice. We both laugh and laugh! Then I turn the lights off, and say "I love you boggie" and you ALWAYS say "I love you too mommy!" and I close the door half way-just the way you like it.

Three years ago today I couldn't imagine for a second that life could be this wonderful. It is completely different then I ever envisioned. It is NOTHING like I wanted... But it is SO much better! I love our simple life. I love our time together. God knew what he was doing. He put you with me for a reason. To make me into a mother, and to change my heart. You are incredible Aidyn. Each year with you is a gift. Each Birthday with you is a day to reflect on all that you have given me. I am so blessed, and I look forward to many more years of being your "Mommy."

Happy Birthday my beautiful son. Happy Birthday.

I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

You can check out more of Aidyns " birth" day here.

Aidyn at 1 here.


Aidyn at 2 here. Aidyn at 3 here.

6 comments:

Stacey-Lou said...

he's so lovely you're very lucky!
sorry if you get an email saying I rejected your comment, this ridiculously slow laptop made me press the wrong button and I didn't know how to stop it! haha
happy easter!
xx

He & Me + 3 said...

What a beautiful letter. YOu are the sweetest mommy ever and he is one cute little boy. Happy Birthday Aidyn!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a beautiful letter to your little man.
You are such a sweet and good Mom..he will really appreciate this letter one day. I hope you print it and add it to his baby/scrap book!!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

You are so sweet! What a wonderful letter. Have a very happy weekend!

~Tom~ said...

Happy Birthday to a very special young man!

Brittany said...

What a sweet letter Brittany! It made my heart melt :-)

I hope Aidyn had the best birthday ever!