Saturday, April 3, 2010

Birthday tradition

Aidyn man and I created a new Birthday tradition. One I will continue for as long as he'll let me. At 12:30 a.m. this morning, I snuck down to bed. In my hands was a donut with a candle. I woke him up, and sang him happy birthday. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and smiled. He blew out his candle and we shared a little midnight snack together.

As we were laying down together afterwards cuddling he whispered in my ear:

"That was a good birthday bagel mom!"

I laughed and told him that was a donut, not a bagel. He decided he really likes donuts! Which was a good thing, because thats what I planned to use for his birthday cake/birthday breakfast later in the morning! He sure was in heaven!
Who loves donut cake?

"I wish.. I wish... FOR A BIKE!"

Mmmm! Yummy!

Toast to Aidyn! By golly- I think he likes it! :)


Do you have any birthday traditions in your family?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Brittany

I Hope You and Your Family have a
Blessed Resurrection Sunday

God Bless You, Ron

HE IS RISEN!.....HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yum! Those donuts look delicious!

tinypaperheart said...

aww what a great birthday tradition!!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great tradition. He is adorable.

Elizabeth said...

HOW SWEET! He looks just so thrilled!

Blogs said...

WOW!! Super YUMMM-OOOOO-Happy Birthday (for the fiftieth time)hehe

Amber Page Writes said...

I love that tradition. And the doughnut cake is awesome! Happy belated birthday, Aidyn!

alliehallmarr said...

What a sweet birthday tradition, you are an awesome momma! Oh crap, I'm getting hungrrrry. Those donuts look sooooo good!!!