Thursday, September 17, 2009

Little of this-little of that!

The week has been one that is both long and short. I'm not sure that makes any sense at all, but its just feelings, and most of the time my feelings don't make sense either.....

For starters as much as I love-love-love my kids, they have been stinkers lately. It seems half of what comes out of my mouth is merely for my benefit. In one ear, out the other. I don't know how many times I said "Criss-cross-apple sauce, hands in your lap, bubble in your mouth!" but I know it's too many to count. Several times I had to take deep breaths and count to ten. Woooosahhh!!

Yesterday we got new playground toys. A new play house, and big outdoor blocks. The kids are nut-so over anything "new". A new child, new teachers, new books, and mostly... NEW TOYS! So when we get them, they go crazy. While helping a group of children stack a tall tower, one of the little girls swung her arm back pulling the block from one students arm.....right into the corner of my eye. I then VERY LOUDLY asked all the children to go about ten feet away to the playground. Once they were safely out of ear shot, I let out many "f" bombs' and GD's! I'm pleased to tell you it didn't bruise, but it left me with a permanent advil proof headache for the day. Ugh!

The little things added up to lots of little things and soon I was one very cranky teacher!

So the week started off to a bad and bumpy start, but like time usually does, it carried on. I woke up this morning, half dead to the world. Did the usual fast assed morning routine, and headed to work. I figured it would be just like the rest of my week, and I contemplated calling in sick.... instead, it wasn't half bad. Even though my kids were still crazy little hooligans, I remembered all day that they are 4/5 year olds, and I decided to cut them a little slack. Plus they just seemed so darn cute today... :)

There new favorite phrase is:

"OOOOOOO DADDDDY ____(insert child's name and what they are doing wrong)___!" and sometimes it's just plain "OOOO DADDY!" I wish I could insert my voice here so that you could hear exactly how this sounds. Its the most hilarious thing in the world, and I now catch MYSELF saying this ridiculous phrase! :) I can just picture myself drinking at the bar and that quote popping out of my mouth at some inappropriate times :) lol!

My most endearing moment of my week was when one of my favorite little boys put me in a half hearted head lock, rustled my hair, and said "You little rascal you!" I just wanted to chew on his cheeks!!!

Even though a few of my kids were little butts today, most of them were pretty great. Some times I want to pull my hair out of my head, and other times I remember just why I'm a teacher... I love those little moments when they "get something" or when they give you the greatest-biggest hugs and kisses :) mmm! :)

The cherry on top of the day was when a parent shared a special story... she said that her daughter and her were driving home when she said "I just love love love love loveeee Miss Britt... and ohh ya... I love you too!" I died laughing! What a kid thing to say! Gawd' i'm so lucky to have all these little people in my life to cheer up my heart, when it starts to ache! :)



p.s. Less then two week til Aidyns back! EEEEE!!!!!

1 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

I know what you mean about the cranky butt thing..