Wednesday, September 16, 2009

FUNNY STORY

A few weeks ago I was playing with one of my favorites students at the lego table. This little boy has a smile to melt your heart, and the things that come out of your mouth are funny enough to make you pee your pants. Every day he says SOMETHING to just make my jaw drop, but this tops the chart....

"J you crazy" I said, since its his favorite saying.
"OHhhh ya????! well... (wait for it....)

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR MAMA!" he then held up his middle finger. I sat there mouth agape in utter shock. It was both funny and naughty and I didn't know whether to make him have a seat at his table with his head down or laugh hysterically.

So I asked him "J what did you just do?"

His reply is matter of fact "I just flipped ya the bird!" in a sweet and innocent voice!

Of course the sad truth is, that this is the language and the actions he see's role modeled to him at home, but GAWD when it comes out of a three and a half foot- 40 pound four year old, you cant help but find it pretty damn cute :)! Plus he is right, I am "Just like my mama!"

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I would have also sat with my mouth open. :)

Lori said...

LOL! That is too flippin funny. I would have been flabbergassed as to how to respond. Knowing me, I would have started to laugh which of course would be the wrong thing to do!