Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quotable Sunday

I have recently started reading a Daily Dose of Toni. Although I am rather new to her site, I thought I would jump head first, and join in on the sunday action, but bare with me if I make any mistakes.

I'm not quite sure what exactly she wants. If she wants my favorite quotes or quotes that in the genre that she picked. So, instead I googled some christian quotes about courage. Since I'm going to need a heck of a lot of that today. So here they are....

God of our life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and weigh us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them, and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, run our eyes to where the skies are full of promise; tune our hearts to brave music; give us the sense of comradeship with heroes and saints of every age; and so quicken our spirits that we may be able to encourage the souls of all who journey with us on the road of life, to Your honour and glory. -Augustine

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have finished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. -Victor Hugo

Hope has two beautiful daughters Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are. -Augustine

Down through the centuries in times of trouble and trial God has brought courage to the hearts of those who love Him. The Bible is filled with assurances of God's help and comfort in every kind of trouble which might cause fears to arise in the human heart. You can look ahead with promise, hope, and joy. -Billy Graham

Here I was worrying about my journey, while God was helping me all the way. I made me realize that I am very weak; my courage is only borrowed from Him, but, oh, the peace that flooded my soul... because I know that he never faileth. I would not, if I could, turn back now, because I believe that God is going to reveal Himself in a wonderful way. -Gladys Aylward


At the end of today as I say goodbye to my beautiful son, I will have to give it all to God, and rest in the beauty of his love, and the courage he will bestow upon me. Thank you Toni for being such a wonderful reminder of who I need to lean on during the hard times! :) (and also remember to rejoice in during the happy times!)

Keep me in your prayers ya'll!

Hugs and Kisses,
Miss Britt

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Popping over from Toni's today. I loved your quotes on courage today, I will pray they give you what you need to make it through your tough day.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great quotes! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... :)

Big Hair Envy said...

God will not let you down.

Banteringblonde said...

HI, coming over from Toni's - great quotes, courage grows from courage hang in there!

Leslie said...

Stopping by from Toni's today.

Your quotes are very inspiring. My thoughts are with you today...

Minxy Mimi said...

Those are great!!!
I just do quotes on whatever strikes my fancy!