Monday, September 13, 2010

Halloween's starting early...

So the most amazing crafter I know, Jen, started my Halloween fever early!
A few months back she posted this:


and I fell in love!

I knew I wanted ot make them or something similar with the kids for Halloween!

So I changed it up a bit to make it my own.

This is what I came up with:

What we used:
oatmeal container
Modge Podge
contstuction paper
toilet paper
Scissors
Ribbon

First I cut stips of toilet paper. Then I covered the container in modge podge. I let the kids help put the strips around the container. I used a paint brush to brush on modge podge since we needed about three layers to cover the entire thing in white (so you couldnt see the red/white/blue oatmeal label)! After two layers we cut out the eye balls. Modge podged them to the front, and then put one more layer of toilet paper on! We finished it off with a black ribbon for a handle!

and there you have it! TRICK OR TREAT candy containers! When they are all filled up they will be YUMMY MUMMYS! :)

Thanks again Jen for the inspiration! The kids loved it and now I can't wait to steal more of your ideas!! :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh Brit~ I adore your spin on them. TO STINKEN CUTE. Love that MR. "A" can go trick or treating with it. LOVES IT! THANKS for the shout out and links too. WELL DONE! hugs, jen

Courtney said...

Ahhh! SO cute girlie!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so darn cute!!!!! Love it.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Very cool!

Elizabeth said...

How neat! I need to get Creative!!!!

Megan Ashley said...

Such a cute and unique idea! Love the twist you put on it! Also A is adorable :)

Blogs said...

we can't wait...the girls are already talking about it and i'm thinking of decorating early! he's so cute! he loves it! fun

Slyde said...

im excited about halloween this year, too!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It's so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute is that!!!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious - I love it!

alliehallmarr said...

what a great idea! you should post more craft tutorials, i love the things you come up with.

thanks again for being so supportive during this whole tragedy with my friend stacie. sorry i have been such a bad commenter lately...i'm getting back on track slowly though!