Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Aidyn Fashion Show!

Excited to see some of our fall fashion finds?

Well here he is, Aidyn-man himself, sporting three of his new outfits:(All that I could talk him into!)
We were able to mix and match between Baby Gap, Old Navy, and some thrifted finds at Once Upon a Child. I spent just over a hundred dollars and was able to buy: Two pairs of jeans (Gap), The Jacket, Graphic T', gray beanie, and striped thermal (Old Navy), two button ups, gray sweater, pair of loafers, three graphic t's, and a tie at (OUC)!
He'll need a few more things, but they were out of a lot of styles in his size. I'm blaming the start of the school year! We'll go back to pick up a few things in a few weeks!

The best part? I had brought Aidyns gently used clothes to Once Upon a Child to sell. I hadn't been there in a few years, when I got there I found out that the local shop doesn't pay cash anymore! BUT they do give in store credit! I was able to buy everything I found PLUS I still have a 20 dollar credit! All the tops I found were no more then 6 bucks! I had to dig to find what I wanted, but it was SO worth it!

ALSO Baby Gap has a jean sale going on right now! Buy one get the second pair for ten dollars! I was able to buy both pairs of jeans for $34! The cashier also gave me a baby denim card! Buy four pairs of jeans, get the fifth pair free! I am tempted to go buy two more pairs in the next size up!
I checked out Target, and their jeans were lacking. In fact (this may be a cuss word to some of you) I haven't found anything clothing related at Target for a while! :( Come on Target! You're better then this!!!

Old Navy was also a disappointment! They didn't have much in 4T and what they did, I wasn't too impressed with. The Jacket is a 5T and is a bit big for Aidyn, but I plan on layering with sweaters this fall. So all is well!

All and all I will call the day a success! Aidyn is looking sharp, and I am a proud Mommy! It's tough finding cute stuff for boys that doesn't have tacky cartoon characters plastered on them! (I am not a fan!) Its frustrating when you walk into the kids department and 3/4 of it is girls! Its like HELLOOOOO I want my boy to look cute too! *sigh..*

Now, I think this shoppin' mama deserves a drink!

26 comments:

sara said...

That pea coat is so insanely cute!!!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Oh he is such a ham!! I love all of those outfits. Especially that little tie!... oh melt my heart!

Syndal said...

what a little hunk!

danielle said...

haha aidyn looks so handsome! i can not imagine your offspring looking any less adorable. :)

Dani @ OKDani.com said...

Oh he is just toooooo much!!! Super cute.

Unknown said...

He is so cute! and i completely understand about 3/4 of the section being for girls!! I HATE THAT!!! and i hate the shirts that have cartoons all over them.. I want my son to look nice not like he just walked out of a cartoon convention lol

Blogs said...

this little man deserves a spread in Freckles and Fudge:) love him!

asj said...

he is SOOOOO CUTE! seriously, what a beautiful WELL DRESSED child! love all the clothes, and the bargin deals!

Shelley said...

You are my kinda shopper, girl!! He looks so great and I love the good deals!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh...he is a future Abercrombie Model!!!
Great job shopping Britt, and I will try to forget what you said about Target. :)

Mama said...

I think he looks sooo much like you! He's so freaking adorable!

You put my kids to shame. At this point it's a WIN if they even have clothes on. That's what two crazy kids and being pregnant does to you, I guess. When I had just Alyssa she always looked perfect. Now? Ya,nahsomuch.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Sign that kid up to model! He is so adorable! Future heartbreaker, ladies .... WATCH OUT!!

Miss Innocent said...

omg what are you making ur son to do!! LOL :)

Sammy said...

You are a great stylist and it doesn't hurt that you have such a cute model!

Shauna said...

I am new here! Would love you to come visit me too :)

Have a great day!

http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi said...

Oh he looks soo cute! It's so much harder to find cute boy stuff than girls. I'm so unimpressed everytime I go to target now days all of their boy clothes are very tacky and the girl clothes are to die for. WTF so not fair.

He is going to look soo cute this year!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

So cute! Isn't it fun to dress kids up? I love finding deals too. People are always like, "Gymboree is so overpriced!" and I'm all, "Not when you shop their sales!"

tara said...

he is just so cute and has fabulous style! :)

Venassa said...

I love the clothes, especially the coat. He's quite the photogenic guy, so adorable. Sounds like you got a lot for your money, that always makes me happy.

Brittany Nolan said...

Britt...he is SO DARN CUTE!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great job. I would say you got a steal. He looks adorable.

Aimee said...

Im loving that coat., He is such a doll. Should get him into some print modeling.

Thats soeme great deals!!

~Jesse~ said...

Very cute! He's a little stud muffin :)

Brittany said...

Goodness, could he be any cuter?! As Aly said, get him into modeling!! I about died when I saw that shirt and tie outfit! Too cute for words! Great outfit picks :)

Unknown said...

WHAT A DOLL! love his big pose by the big tree. Jen

Tanya said...

Aidyns hair do is looking quite sharp! I LIKE IT!!!