Saturday, July 17, 2010

More summer fun!

The fun just keeps on coming!

Last night we headed back up to the park. Once again there was music, and some fair vendors.
Fresh squeezed lemonade and mini donuts was on the menu for us!



and don't forget the kettle corn! Thats J's favorite!


and Aidyn tried to catch it in his mouth!

What made it even better?
My best friend came to enjoy the festivities as well!

To put a cherry on top of this sundae, it was all topped off with fireworks! I even got a cute shot of T holding her godson!

All this summer fun is good for my heart! I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life! Making the choice to not move to IA, was not easy. I feel as if God is making the choice easier and easier by showing me everything that I have HERE. Its great getting out and being apart of our community. Its great being close to life long friends, and family. Most of all its great seeing my son enjoy and learning to love the same things I do.
My heart is full today. I truly am blessed. :))

p.s. Happy Birthday to my beautiful mother! She is such a blessing to me! Feel free to check out my previous blog post, click on the link and head over to wish her a Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

I am absolutely, 120% completely in love with those mini-donuts... everytime there's a local fair or festival, I have to stop to check for the mini donut stand! They are SOOO good. Lemonade goes great with 'em! YUM!

Kit Kat said...

I'm so glad that you are happy! Decisions like that are always hard, but you are right, I think God is showing you the benefits of staying here! It looks like you are having an awesome summer!

alliehallmarr said...

I'm so glad to hear that your heart is so happy, I really did relate to your comment on my blog about feeling content. Those donuts look SO GOOD!

Token Yankee said...

Sounds like a fun night! It really is nice to be close in distance to family and good friends. Trust me, I miss it!

YelliKelli said...

Looks like fun! Darling Child!

He & Me + 3 said...

You are having alot of fun this summer. That is how it is supposed to be. Great memories. Love those yummy donuts. So good.

Syndal said...

aah, I LOVE those perfect summer days and evenings! they are the best!

Amber said...

Aww, I loved this post! I LOVE Minnesota summers, and I LOVE mini donuts....and I LOVE how cute you and your little man are! Glad you're having a blast :) That's how summers should be!