Thursday, July 22, 2010

Its a great day to be alive!

"Mom! Mom! I found this flower for you! " Aidyn says proudly exposing a tiny white weed in his hand.

"Oh thank you! I love it!" I respond by giving him a kiss on his forehead.

Then he closed his eyes really tight-just enough for his eyes to get all squishy and his nose to scrunch up. Then he opened his eyes and smiled.

"My wish came true! My wish came true!" He screamed while dancing and prancing around the front deck.

"What was your wish?" I asked curiously.

"I wished for you to be safe so that you wouldn't died and go to heaven with Jesus in the Angels! Your safe!" This is followed again by another round of dancing and prancing.

Then he jumped in my arms squeezes my head in a bear hug, kissed my nose, and squirmed out of my arms to go back and play! :)

What a sweet little man I have! He used his wish for me! I can't wait to be in Heaven with Jesus, but I am so glad that Jesus gave Aidyn his wish and I get to spend another day with my little man!

"Its a great day to be alive. I know the suns still shinin' when I close my eyes. Theres some hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't every day be just this good?"

9 comments:

Syndal said...

what a cute story! i love reading how much you love being a momma :)

Aubrey S. said...

You're rising such a fine young man.

alliehallmarr said...

what a sweetie! wishes are hard things to give up too, you have a good little guy there :)

He & Me + 3 said...

That is the sweetest thing ever and yes..it is a great day to be alive. Your little man is precious.

Blogs said...

BLESSED:) ahhhhh I love kids...they're the BEST:)

when everything else fails we have them to love us! it's beyond amazing!

Shelley said...

I don't know why this story made me want to cry...I'm so happy for you and your little love bug!

~Tom~ said...

There is not greater joy in life than the joys we get from our children!

Anonymous said...

That is precious! I've been torn on if I want kids or not. I mean when I get married I'll have one what little she's with us, but I'm scared she'll wind up hating me because I'm the Step-mom but stories like this make me actually think I might want a kid someday.

More Than Words said...

This is the most precious thing I've read all day!!!!!!!!!!!!