Friday, April 9, 2010

Fitness Friday!

So I thought I was going to start doing "workout Wednesday", but Wednesday is awfully far away, and I have a lot of complaining to do already (only slightly kidding!)! So I'm starting "Fitness Friday's!" today!

I have been without caffeine/soda since Wednesday. This is officially my third day without, and I am missing it like crazy. Wednesday wasn't too tough, but yesterday was horrible. My head hurt so bad by 9:00 last night that all I wanted to do.. (and did do) was go to sleep.

I started drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Only David was right. All I do all day is pee. I am constantly drinking water, and although that IS a good thing.. its seems to be the only thing I am doing. I am so worried about not making that damn video, that I am forcing myself to do EVERYTHING... even if it means chugging two glasses of water before bed.. and then waking every half an hour to pee. (we might have to edit that down to 6 glasses!)

Now on to the BIGGIE. Jillian Michael's. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. You kick my a$$ for 20 minutes every day. I'd like to say that I love you, but.. I pretty much hate you. In a good way! I feel sore, I hurt all over, and I can barely walk down steps.. BUT IT FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD- In a really weird way! I love working out again. I love the energy I have.. (even if I am in too much pain to do anything! :) I'd give our work outs a solid B+. I hate them, but I know I'll see results.

On top of that I walk for 25 minutes finishing with a 5 minute run on the treadmill. Then after doing the 30 day shred I walk for another half an hour as a cool down. So all and all its about an hour and a half of exercise a day. (Not to mention running around the house/cleaning/going to the park/etc.. the daily stuff moms do!) Not bad, eh?

To round it off my eating habits have been PHENOMENAL! I know its only been three days, but honestly having this deal with you bloggy friends is keeping me straight as an arrow. I've been really reading up on healthy eating. I cut the *right* carbs. I am eating more salads, and eating more veggies with my meals. I'm eating leaner meats, and cutting out fats. I am really proud of myself.. and I am forcing myself to try new things. In fact yesterday my mom made me some hummus. I "THOUGHT" I hated hummus.. this time she added sun dried tomatoes, and I can't get enough! Of course I limited it, and had only a fourth cup with 9 blue chips.. but it was a great afternoon snack! :)

I'm documenting everything in a journal. I write down everything I eat, I make a check mark for every glass of water, and I have a portion to write down exercise. Its helping me really see what I put in my body. That's important to me. It keeps me accountable for me.

I'm really proud of myself. I know I'll be seeing results in no time.. but the biggest thing is, I feel healthier already! :) Now if you'll excuse me, I have two kids to bathe and a treadmill calling my name!

Happy Friday!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO Brit! SO SO PROUD OF YOU, KEEP IT UP! Be successful will have its rewards!

I drink a gallon of water everyday... I did have a brownie for bkfast... YIKES, but will have the entire day to burn it off including doing 10 min. trainer and a walk. You will do great! Take care! Jenn

Unknown said...

"BEING" successful... was the word I meant....

Another David said...

An hour and a half a day of exercise is crazy! My workouts are, like, 30 minutes? Three or four times a week? You're putting me to shame! At that rate, you really should be seeing results in no time, haha.

You're doing great, keep it up!

Jess Craig said...

this is so great!

Jess Craig said...

oh another thing, i really like pellegrino water. it makes you feel like you're 1. rich and 2. getting something bad. check it out.

Big Hair Envy said...

YAY for you!! Getting started is sometimes the hardest part of all!

I'm working on getting rid of this extra 25 lbs. that have taken up residence on my rear end! It's SO hard, but little steps DO pay off:) Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see your video;)

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you. Keep it up. You almost have me motivated to join you. Almost. I just need to get off my lazy butt. ugh.

Brittney Galloway said...

Great Job! It sounds like you are highly motivate, so that's great!

Iva Messy said...

great job!! Happy Friday!

Homemaker Man said...

Awesome. You should be very proud of yourself.

Slyde said...

soda is my downfall. i know its bad for you but i love the stuff...

~Tom~ said...

While running to the bathroom may not be fun, all the water serves 2 purposes. It flushes out all the garbage from your system and it keeps you hydrated.

Keep up the good work! Now drop and give me 20!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I've recently started doing that too. I keep telling myself I've got to be seeing results soon. :) Keep up the good work!

Tanya said...

Wow. That is a hella lot of exercise my girl!! Especially with how much excercise it has to ttake JUST to handle the children!! You rock that wonderful you!! I am truely inspired to tackle anything when I see all you do!

Juliana said...

Britt-WAY to go! I am very proud of you! Thanks for posting this, you probably inspired a lot of people. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

wow thats great!
keep it up... im super impressed :)
xx

tara said...

thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! your little boy is too cute! it seems like alot of my bloggy friends are letting jillian kick their butts.. maybe i should try it!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Good for you!

Jillian is the devil, I'm sure of it...

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow you are doing AWESOME!

I totally get what you're saying about the water - I try to drink lots of water but that means I pee like crazy. Ugh!

alliehallmarr said...

Good job! I need to start thinking about getting this baby weight off...H is already two 1/2 months old! NOT looking forward to starting!

Thanks for finding my blog! Can't wait to read more of yours!

molly said...

wow! go you!! doesn't it feel so great?? i mean... i guess i wouldn't know. hahaha. but seriously, fruits and veggies are so much fun. and hummus LOOOOOVE hummus. nomnomnomnomnomnomn. but don't forget to indulge and reward yourself every so often via donuts. and krispy treats.