Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BIRD CRAFTS!

As I was blog browsing today, I ran across a totally terrific, incredibly amazing blog! It is written by a lady named Jen. She is officially in my top ten favorite craft bloggers (I should make a list one day!) I started at today's post, and worked my way back. Every single post was amazing.

Then I got to one that inspired me. Since I've been home I have been talking with my mom about a way to decorate my nieces room. My Mom and Step Dad are raising my niece, and it has gone from temporary to permanent. Her room works fine for her, and is already girlie, but there is no specific theme. Since I love owls-birds etc.. along with the brown-pink-green theme THIS post gave me TONS of great ideas!

I loved the birds, I loved the colors, the designs, and it seemed fairly simple! I ran out in search of the supplies. Heres what I needed:

Mod Podge
Scrap booking paper
paint
canvas


My friend Twyla painted the canvases for me. I decided on pink for two and brown for the other. (although only the pink is photographed) While she painted, I cut out the pieces.
Afterwards we put them on the canvas and covered it in mod podge. It started out easy enough, but for whatever reason it started to bubble. I think it has to do with the thickness of the paper, and possibly using too much mod podge. I think on the next ones I do, I will take my time and let the birds dry between layers. I think for the purpose they turned out really cute. I have plans to do lots more! I posted them on facebook and already have lots of interest!

...................

Since I was still on the "bird" craze I decided to do a few more. These are some I threw together. I covered them in laminating paper, and hung them above my nieces bulletined board! She loves them! I think they turned out super cute as well!


Once I get on a crafting craze, it becomes contagious! So watch out blog friends, there will be plenty where this came from! :) Stay tuned and keep crafting! YOU guys inspire ME! :)
.............................................
P.s. Today is my two year blogger Anniversary! Time flies by, thank you all for the wonderful memories! :)

12 comments:

Jen Wade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Wade said...

These are adorable, you did such a good job, I LOVE them!! And thanks for linking it to me, Stuff like this is so fun! Good work and thanks again!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are so cute. I love them all. You did GREAT!
Happy 2 years! Wow!

Unknown said...

You are an artist after all! LOVE THEM, SO DARLING! love all the birds you did. GLAD you found some inspiration! I am following Jen now!

Busy Bee Suz said...

These are just wonderful. I love owls and birds as well. SO darn crafty you are.
Congrats on 2 years!!!

twyla myrin said...

i LOVE the birds...
ah, you have me so inspired these days..
love you!

AiringMyLaundry said...

You did a great job!! Love the birds.

MrsKraft said...

You really are talented! Do you have your art business set up yet??? I really do think people would pay good money for your work.

Elizabeth said...

CRAFTS!!! How fun!!

Unknown said...

How cute! These are so fabulous!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooh, I love that last little birdie. So whimsical. :) Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac's party. :)

Cecily said...

Holy adorable! I love every one of your birds, they are all stinkin' cute!