Monday, March 29, 2010

All better....

As I was laying on the bathroom floor this past week, I said I would give ANYTHING- N-E-THING to feel better. I was out of this world miserable. I swore I would cherish every bite of food, and I would be ecstatic to be back to a normal bathroom routine.

Now that I am back on solid food, and my body is getting back to normal, I am so thankful for every little thing. I am so happy that I am feeling better, and that I was better in time for Aidyn's party. :) Thank you Jesus!

I think I forgot to update you on just WHY I was sick..... Here, I thought I just had the regular old flu. I was cursing my luck, as I sent my cousin out in search of Airborne, gator aid, vitamins, and anything else to flush it out of my system! When she got to the local Walmart, she stopped by the Pharmacy. As she was telling the pharmacist about my situation, the lady stopped her, and said that it sounded like I had food poisoning. She asked if I had eaten out anywhere recently. When my cousin told her that I had eaten at the subway in walmart, the pharmacist said.. "Wow, another one of the ladies that works in the pharmacy department just got food poisoning from there!" WHA?!

As soon as I heard this I promptly called subway and filed a complaint. I was very polite, but wanted to make sure that they figured things out before another person got sick. They took down everything I ate, and they were not nearly as compassionate or nice as they should have been. As we were finishing up, the young teenage boy said: "musta' been the mayo."

I'm assuming it was the common denominator in all the cases. YUCK-ATTACK!

Part of me was relieved, because I knew the sooner I got it out of my system, the faster I would be over it. The flu could have lasted MUCH longer.

It still will be quite some time before I go to another subway- no amount of Mayo is worth going through THAT again. *ugh*

Even still, I am so thankful that I am feeling all better, and that I am able to eat again. Speaking of which.... there is some spinach and artichoke dip in the fridge that is calling my name... :)

Hope ya'll are staying healthy, and enjoying your Monday!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a major bummer drag! Ugh, I have never had food poisening.. (knocking on wood now) my hubs has!!! CAN I JUST SAY... that for as long as I can remember.. little girl.. I HAVE LOATHED MAYO. yuck yuck DOUBLE YUCK! hope you are 100% Have a good one, JENN

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I got food poisoning once and it was literally the sickest I've ever been. Glad you're better!!!

~Tom~ said...

Isn't it amazing just how good it feels to lay on the cold tile floor in the bathroom when you feel like that? Glad you are feeling better my friend.

Brittney Galloway said...

That's so rough! Glad you had it figured out though. My husband got horribly food poisoned once by bad mayo and was out of commission for almost a week- no fun!

Vanessa said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Brittany said...

Glad you were able to figure out what it was and that you're all better! I got food poisoning once from Subway from the "chicken" which in my opinion, is not real chicken. I will NEVER eat there again. Thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

P.S - mayo is nastyyy lol

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh...I had food poisoning while pregnant with two of my three kids. TAco bell. Ugh. so glad you are feeling better. It is nasty stuff.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You poor dear...who would have guessed it???
One more reason, I am thankful to not use mayo. ;0

Elizabeth said...

I am happy to hear that you are 100% better!!