Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Birds and the Bees....Two year old style!

"Look Mommys a BABY!!!!" Says my two and a half year old son as we pass a birth story on television.

"Yes baby, that baby just came out of her mommys tummy." I said, to him as I continued to flip through the channels.

"Do you have a baby in your tummy?" He looks at me with a funny look on his face.

"NO!" I said a little shrill. "Mommy doesn't have a baby in her tummy, you're the only baby I need right now."

Thinking its over....

"But I want mommy to have a baby in your tummy." He pouts at me.

"No way jose'" I say.

"yes sir'e bob" he says. (OHHH BROTHER!)

I sighed, and didn't reply. Then a minute later...

"I want a baby in MY tummy." he states.

"Sorry buddy, you can't have a baby in your tummy. Only girls can have babies in their tummy's."

That did it....

He starts crying like an emotional pregnant woman!!! He was so hysterical because he couldn't have a baby in his tummy! All I could do was laugh and give him a hug. Then I said.....

"I promise you this Aidyn man, when you get big you will be SOOO happy you can't have a baby!" (I will also write down this story in your baby book, I'm sure your future wife will LOVE to hear this one!!!)

So there we had it! Our first run in with the birds and the bees.. and here I thought I'd get away with not having to discuss this stuff until he was a teenager!!! Having a smartie pants for a son is a lot more work then I thought!!!!!


P.S... There will be no babies popping out of me (or my son) any time soon!!!!!

1 comments:

~Tom~ said...

I love the things that come out of kid's mouths! LOL This is priceless.

Thanks for dropping by my blog today. Could not help but notice your location. I was born in Micanopy.