Monday, September 7, 2009

Birds


I have been completely fascinated with birds lately. I have started to constantly sketch them. Whether it be on a napkin or the ledger of my notebook paper. Yesterday I bought a new sketch book, and per usual, I decorate the back first. It gives me inspiration for the inside. Of course, the back is covered in birds. Branching from that, I googled "Bird quotes". I found some pretty amazing stuff. I figured I'd share a few with you :)


"The soul has illusions as the bird has wings. It is supported by them."


"I never wanted to weigh more heavily on a man then a bird."


"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."


"Boredom is the dream bird that hatches the egg of experience. A rustling in the leaves drives them away."


"God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved birds and invented cages."


I though all of these were beautiful, and intertwined them with my drawings (amongst others). It has been such a relaxing labor day, listening to Kings of Leon and Adele while getting lost in sketches and day dreaming. I wish every day was like this. Blissfully perfect.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love all the quotes and your sketches are gorgeous. You are so talented..funny how you draw on the back first. ;)

Lori said...

Beautiful honey! Glad your having a nice day.