Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Minnesota or Nebraska...


So I currently live in a small town in Minnesota. Land of 10,000 lakes, small towns, the twins, and my clan. I loved growing up here, playing in the back yard with all my friends, rideing my bicycle through town with out a single worry, stopping at the ice cream shop for a cone, and playing baseball at the dimond with all my friends. Sounds like a Leave it to Beaver type child hood, and it was. I wouldn't change it for anything.... but now that i'm an adult.....

I crave night life, and friends. Music, and museums. Intelligent conversation, and good food. Culture, and excitement. I need more then the hum drum life I am leading in my small town-minnesota. Now... where can I find all this, while keeping it somewhat low key... a good family environment.. with support?

NEBRASKA? Maybe...

So that brings me to good ol' Nebraska. The last few weeks i've been toying with the idea of the possible move to Nebraska. My sons father moved there for a job this past winter, at a hospital in Omaha. He raves about the city, and all that it offers. Not to mention the numerous colleges that I could attend (WITH FREE BABYSITTING VIA EL BABY'S DADDY!).. and to add a cherry on top of this sundae, its the home of the college world series. BASEBALL-BASEBALL-BASEBALL.

It is said to have a small town feel-yet big enough to bring in venues. Tons of bands stop there, Museums to visit, an amazing zoo (for aidyn!), great hospitals, close to Baby's Daddy and his family, shopping, culture, and cool restraunts. Everything that I want, and everything I want my son to be exposed to.

So why Havent I packed my bags, loaded up the u-haul and hit the open road? Starts with an M and ends with an OM.... MOM. Even though I feel myself being pulled in that direction, wanting and needing my mother is somehow keeping me back. I dont know how i'll function with out her help. The free babysitting when I just need a nap, or while i'm at work. The hug in the morning when i'm having a horrible day, or that one person who will listen to me bitch, and will laugh at me when i'm being rediculous. How can I function without her?! she's like my morning shot of coffee.......

I know i'm a big girl, almost 21, but coming back home has a security, knowing I have a soft place to land. Someone who will still kiss my boo boos, and tell me everything is all right.... Am I ready to move out on my own, after the severe mental ass kicking I got last time I ventured out on my own...? I guess theres only one way to find out.

I'm going for a trial run in June. I'm going to stay with Baby's Daddy for a few days, and take a look around. (although it'll be VERY weird to be around him again) His g/f isnt to happy about the whole arrangement, but if it ends up working out, it'll be best for everyone.. especialy with the rise in gas.... I'm excited to look for a house of my own, and to take a look around at the different colleges. I also hope to interview with my same company (different location) in Omaha as well. Hopefuly i'll come highly recommended and they'll hire me on the spot! (cross your fingers!!!)

So thats that... Me.. Brittany.. Mommy maybe starting on a very new bold adventure.. Just know this.. ya'll will be along for the ride.. SO GET READY :) I'll need all the prayers and best wishes I can get :)

0 comments: