Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween!

Is it bad that I convinced my son not to be Buzz light year for Halloween?

See, he really wanted to be Buzz...

But..

The Buzz costume was SUPER dorky.

It was one of those one piece suits..

and..

I figured half the boys his age would sporting them.

So I did what I usually do when I am in public and want my way...

BRIBERY.

He tried on a super duper cute costume.

I gushed and gushed.

The costume lady gushed and gushed.

I knew that this was it.

He was going to be wearing this costume for Halloween if it was the last thing I did.

He still wanted the Buzz costume.

I could tell we were on the verge of a battle...

maybe even a tantrum...

UGH!

So..

Whats a mom to do?

"If you get the other costume, I'll let you get a sword!"

and like any typical boy..

It was a done deal!

Tip number 132 for new parents: Some times bribery is easier then a crying and screaming toddler!!

and I'm Mom enough to admit it!

24 comments:

Kevin Michael said...

I'm curious as to what this costume is...it better be a Jedi. Lol!

Jumble Mash said...

Whats the costume?? Curiosity is killing me :)

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi said...

So So true. THey think they can't mind trick us. HA we show them!!

Is he going to be a knight? Just my guess. haha

Jessica said...

Hahaha I love it! Wonder what he's going to be!?

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Heck, I'm 26 and I still take bribes!!! Ha ha!!! :)

I can't wait to see him in his outfit!

Token Yankee said...

Haha, I would totally do that. Dying to see his costume!

Mama said...

What is he going to be? CMON! The suspense is killing me.

Jessi said...

Well what is he then!! LOL.

Yea we skipped on Buzz, Woody, and Jesse since I knew a bazillion kids would be wearing the same costumes!!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Photos? I'd love to see the costume.

Tutus N' Trucks said...

I want to know what costume missy!!! lol Brook is going to be a bumble bee!

ps sorry Ive been MIA. =(

Aimee said...

Is he going to be a pirate? Gosh Kevin is dumb... Hello jedis dont have swords. Hmm I wonder what he will be. I cant wait

Hey Barbie said...

lol your too funny! I can't wait to see what he is going to be! Guess we will have to wait and be surprised.

Danielle Leal said...

I agree with you! Bribery is the best way to go than letting the child scream, but unfortunately it doesn't always work. I tried this yesterday, but still ended up with a child throwing a tantrum.

I can't wait to see what the costume is!

asj said...

can't wait to see what your cutie patootie is!! :)

jules said...

You are too freaking funny! Love that you so did not want him in a Buzz costume!

Elizabeth said...

Cute little Halloween story!

Lindsey said...

Its true! Bribery is awesome. But daughter is starting to expect it...maybe that means I do it a little too much. ;)

Blogs said...

i bribe too...who cares....haha...i will be def. doing it when we go....i'm dreading...just a lil cause i ain't about to spend a ton of money on the ones they want:)

Anonymous said...

Well you are probably right about all the little boys wanting to be Buzz this year!

Unknown said...

HA! much agreed Brit! Plus I hate when they want to be something, when you know they could be something cuter! Can't wait to see the reveal! Hugs, Jen

Mireya said...

That is hilarious! I love it!

Dancy said...

HAAAAAAAAAA! I actually just laughed outloud in my office - that's a great moment. And now I'm dying to know what he's gonna be. ;)

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

HAHAHA thats great, i'm glad you love it ! better for pictures !

Kellie said...

Oh, I am SO not above bribery- it's such a great alternative to conflict.