Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mexican queen!

True story!

Today I met BD and Aidyn at a Mexican restaurant at our half way point. I was psyched, since I was craving some chicken tacos. (The real question is, when do I NOT want chicken tacos!) The food was delicious and the service was incredible. The waiter was very friendly, and smiled a big smile every time he came to our table. It was a contagious smile, and I couldn't help but smile back.


BD and I chatted easily. I was simply happy to not have tension in our relationship. Simply friends.... or rather simply friendly. We went over our trip, and talked about recent exciting topics in our lives. Dinner was going well, and before we could pay our check, a waitress approached our table.

Waitress: "Hi, umm, do you work at 3M?" she directed her comment at me in a timid voice.


Me: "MMM, no ma'm." I answered confused.

Waitress: "Well, you're uhhh.. (she was struggling to find the words..) you're the queen, right? Ms.Hutchinson?" (referring to the towns beauty pageant)

Me: "Oh no! No.. that's not me.."

Waitress: "Well, I uhh.. we thought you were her. You're so beautiful... " she finished, before apologizing for the mix up.


After she left, BD laughed at my red face. I was embarrassed, as several of the help looked at me. I waved, and smiled as BD sang "One Hot Mama" (the country song) to me.

As we left, I felt as if every eye was on me. I was completely embarrassed. BD didn't help matters, he just kept laughing and saying "Go Brittany!" and "Ok.. Queen Brittany.." and so on so fourth. I do not believe I will ever live this one down!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT IS AWESOME, AND SO flattering plus a huge sweet compliment. GO QUEEN BRIT.

glad the lunch date was went well... Its SO GREAT that BD stays so involved. LOVE IT.

Hugs~ Jenn

Shelley said...

Ooooo that's so cool!! Beauty Queen! I can see it!

Aimee said...

Glad you and BD are friendly with eachother with no awkwardness. I think it is because you have a fantastic new man in your life :)

Awww that is awesome Queen Brittany. You are very beautiful so I can see you being a beautuy queen.

Annie said...

haha, that is just too funny, people around here can be so mean and quick to judge!
but girly, you are B-E-A-U-TI-FUL though!!!!
i'm not surprised :)

hope your meal was delicious!! mexi food is the best!!

nanner said...

OH DON'T LIVE IT DOWN. Embrace it. Let the BD realize what he left and the now the NG will have a beautiful woman on his arm.

Well, they are not wrong is saying you are very beautiful.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What an awesome compliment. I would be re-telling this story to everyone. :)
You are SO a queen.

He & Me + 3 said...

You are adorable. What a compliment. CUTE story.

molly said...

that story just made me so incredibly happy. you are so rad, girl!!!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Embarassing Awesome! :-))
Cute!

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

I would LOVE to be mistaken for a beauty queen! And i LOVE chicken tacos - my choice, every single time I eat mexican. With extra shredded cheese on the side.

Another David said...

Aaaaw! Love random compliments! That's actually how I met my last girlfriend. It went a little something like this.

Her: I love how you matched your earring with the trim on your buttons [Yeah, I used to have an earring]
Me: I did? I had no idea, I'm colorblind.
Her: Oh... Jeez... *walks away embarrassed, didn't speak to me for a week*

A year later, we were going out.