Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Treasures :)

So I am still feeling a little miserable today. OKAY- A LOT miserable. I have a head cold from h-e-double hockey sticks. I have cramps, and still have to tend to three kids who have a bad case of the "We-cant-go-outside-because-of-the-rain-so-we-are-going-to-get-into-everything-itis" DOUBLE UGH!

But after my doom and gloom post from this weekend, I had to lift your spirits with some happy thoughts :) Just thinking about it makes me smile... *sigh*


Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to go out garage sale-ing with two of my favorite girls: My mom, and my cousin! We let 2 of the 3 kiddo's tag along, and set out in search of some treasures. My mom had mapped out our plan of attack, and we were ready to find us some deals!

Right off the bat things seemed bad. I FORGOT AIDYNS pullups! UGH! (yes, he should be potty trained!) So I sat him down (with a donut! bribery always works) and told him that he COULD NOT pee/poop in his pants or we'd have to go home. I can tell you all, we had NO accidents all day! YAY!

From that point on things went so well! I found so many great things for my room and my future home! Check out the list:

1. 5 antique cameras, including a box camera, and an antique video camera! One even had a carrying case! They were incredible. The owner did not know their worth. I offered them 20$ for the box, and they took me up on my offer! They are absolutely DIVINE on the shelf in my bedroom!


2. a set of three box shelves BRAND NEW! They are from big lots, in the box. Price tag was 20 dollars, I got them for 3$!

3. A lamp. (Meh! not my favorite purchase, but still really cute!)

4. A set of 3 trunk luggage. They are burgundy, old, and perfect for decorations! They are too cute for words, and really gave my room something special! (There is another smaller piece inside the second one!)



5. An antique suitcase. Its a tan color, with stripes, and I am using it to store books. So cute, and like the other trunks, it is proudly displayed in my room (see pictures!)




6. A super duper cute apron! Very fifites-esque


7. A set of three canisters, for candy treats. They say: Chocolate, peppermints, and gumdrops!


8. 6 old milk bottles. I found them at several stops, but I just love them. They will go in my kitchen on a shelf. My step dad is a milk man, so they already have a collection going, and when the time comes, they'll be passed on to me. So cute!






9. Lots of other little odds and ends, a wooden box, 2 green colored bottles (for vases), a pair of rubber boots for Aidyn, and some big wicker baskets, etc..


All and all it was a terribly successful day! :) I packed most of it away for our move in July/August, but some of it is already displayed in my room. I can't wait to see it all set up just the way I want it!


I love hitting the garage sales. Even if I was a multi-millionaire I'd love it. Its just so exciting! Plus it was a great day with my family. We are so silly, and by the end of the day my heart was as full as my van! Which is obviously pretty full!

(this wasn't even at the end! This was about halfway through! :) lmao!)

Such great memories, and treasures! :)

13 comments:

Megan Ashley said...

Looks like you found a lot of great stuff! Good for you :) I love garage sales, I cannot wait for the HUGE mother's day weekend ones in Blaine!

Unknown said...

Vintage cameras... what a steel. Love the suit cases too. You really REALLY got some great finds. Our GARAGE sales here are pretty lame... You so lucked out. Glad you had a blast. Hugs, Jenn

Brittany said...

I love the cameras! How neat are they?! Glad you were able to find so many cool things.

alliehallmarr said...

I was just thinking about you before you posted this, I was hoping you were doing better :( At least your weekend was successful, I love finding great things via garage sales and wish we had some better less trashier ones down here. Hopefully the rest of your day goes by quickly so you can go home and get some rest! Best to you and Aidyn!

Brittney Galloway said...

Oooh, with those trunks/suitcase you can do some fun photo shoots!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Nice stuff you found.

I LOVE garage sales!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am glad that your spirits were lifted even if you are still feeling crummy.
I missed the post this weekend...busy bee.
I hope your Mom is ok. I have been thinking of her a lot and hope that things are looking up!!!!

I want to go to a garage sale with you guys!! I promise not to pee my pants!!!!

Kit Kat said...

Glad that you found some happy! I love those cameras! and those suitcases! Good finds!
Oh, I am going to be at Vicky's on Sunday for mother's day... My mom said you might be there?? Hope to see you!

He & Me + 3 said...

YOu got some great stuff. I love the luggage. super find. Cool

Jenny said...

OK, it's official. I need to go garage saleing with you. What finds!!!!

Shannon said...

I am so jealous of your fabulous finds. I only find junk at garage sales... Nice work!

Another David said...

Oh man, that luggage is so badass!

Megan Ashley said...

I will def. post all of my finds! Looks like you got some GREAT ones! Also congrats on the weight post, it takes a tough mommma to shed weight! Go you :)