Monday, May 10, 2010

Special women.

I have written quite a bit in the past about my mother. she's incredible. BUT today I want to write about two other beautiful women in my life:

BD's Mother and Grandmother.

They have embraced me into their family, and are just such incredible Grandmothers to my son. He has a very special relationship with both of them, and for that they hold a very special place in my heart.

BD and I conceived Aidyn very early on in our relationship. In fact we were only together for a few months when we got the big news. His Grandmother is a very Godly woman. She is very conservative, and we were both worried about how she would take the news.

We planned a dinner, and tried to come up with the best way to break the news to her. I was terrified. I loved her so much, and I was so worried that she would think poorly of me. When BD Finally got up the nerve to tell her. She simply smiled and said "Well, thats just great!" She hugged us both, and a week later she gave me a home-made quilt.

It was those simple words she allowed me to feel excited. Her warmness and heart warmed me and helped me get through those first few months. Between her hugs, home made apple sauce, and her prayers I will for ever be grateful!

As for BD's mother. She is incredibly sweet. She is hardworking, funny, kind, and creative. She is always busy, but when we visit she always makes time for conversation. She challenges me, supports me, and loves me. I love that although BD and I split up, she never gave up on me. She still allowed me to be a part of their family.

When BD and ended things, I cried even harder about losing his family. I thought things would be different.. and they were. Sort of. But these two women never stopped being supportive of Aidyn and me. I am so blessed to have them in our lives.

Next weekend Aidyn and I will travel back to Iowa to spend time with BD. I can't wait to give these women the thanks they deserve. I'll also spoil them with some special gifts and flowers. They may not be my blood relatives, but they are mothers in my heart.

Take time to thank the special women in your life. The ones that gave birth to you, and the ones that tend to your heart. I am so blessed to have such beautiful women in my life!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Brit~ that is great that you have their support and love. Nothing is better then that, especially when you and BD are split. On that note, I wish you and BD the best.. and hope you both can work it out. Either way, it sounds like you are blessed wether a pair or not. MR."A" had brought even more special peopel into your life, how great. P.S. I HAVE my chalkboard pics. now up on my blog, come see! Have a good one. Hugs, Jenn

Unknown said...

"has" brought.... and people... and whateves... I HATE TYPOS! LOL!

Aimee said...

awww you are so sweet. that is great that you have these women in your life. I have my "moms" as well. And it is important to thank them for all they do for you.

You are such a sweet and appreciative woman:)

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a beautiful post. I hope that they read your blog. Just so sweet.

Blogs said...

Sweet! Bryan's family is and always will be there for us! Nothing better than the feeling of love from the other side! Amazing and grandma's are something else-aren't they!

Busy Bee Suz said...

It is so wonderful to have this relationship with them both...and YOU recognize this. YOU deserve them, as they deserve you!!

alliehallmarr said...

So lucky! I love that you have such a beautiful picture of all of you to share, they look like very sweet women :)

Lisa said...

What a sweet and sincere post! My parents are divorced, but my Mom is still super close with my Dad's family. Those bonds never died when their marriage did.

jennykate77 said...

What a super sweet story. They sound like amazing women...and you too!