Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Little red school house!

I have wanted to open my own childcare center for some time. Something similar to the school I worked for in FL. The small town I am moving to, has nothing like that. So I am unsure if it would be a hit or not. (we'll see..)

So last night I dreamt about my childcare facility.... and.. and.. IT WAS PERFECT. Perfect for that area, perfect for me. Now that I am awake my head is spinning with ideas. So ladies and gents, I will share a bit with ya'll and you could give me some feedback. (eee! I can't type fast enough for all my thoughts.!!!)

Picture this:

The main facility would be designed as a old country school house. Painted bright red with white shutters. Pots of pretty wild flowers surround the front walk way. When you enter, there would be old fashion rocking chairs in the front lobby. and a small desk to check your children in. Then there would be smaller classrooms along the side. With an art room in the back. Each age group would have a name (ie: The little ducklings, little piglets, etc...). During the day we would work on preparing children for school. VERY similar to my previous school, with a little less structure.

In the back would there will be a door leading to the playground. The playground would be designed after a farm. The barn would be the main play set. The slide would come down from the "hayloft". Big plastic animals would be sprinkled through out the sandbox. Peddle tractors to drive around the paved circle that surrounds the whole thing.

Off to the side is a gated area for the "after school" program and 4-5 aged class. It will house a garden! We will teach the children where things grow, and educate them on the process. Speaking of garden... I want to go organic in the schools lunches. (or as organic as possible) Since BD is giving up the medical field to become an organic farmer, we'd have the perfect source for our fruits/veggies/meat/milk!!

We could go on field trips to farms, pumpkin patches, green houses, etc.. We could teach the younger generation about gardening, the earth, farming, etc.. I am lucky to have a child who wants to learn about these things. He is surrounded by it. I want to instill that excitement in knowledge in the future generations as well.

So thats not a whole lot of information.. BUT its all I've got for now. (I'm sure my brain will be going full speed all day!) Now your turn? Any ideas?

p.s. right before I pushed published I looked up "Farm playground equiptment" and look what I found: click here! IS THIS NOT PERFECT- OR WHAT?!

11 comments:

Blogs said...

I think this is fabulous! Good Luck and Best Wishes! Your dreams will come true:) Kids are the best!

Rathi said...

Looks perfect. All the best

Lyss :) said...

super cute idea, love the theme! its hard to find a good daycare. follow your dreams, its a lot of work but well worth it in the end!

Brittney Galloway said...

Wow, sounds amazing! And the playground equipment is too cute! I love the idea for a designated area for gardening!

Slyde said...

that sounds like a very nice dream! :)

go for it!

Stacey-Lou said...

very cute...I really want to go to that place now!x

Unknown said...

way WAY STINKEN CUTE!!! good luck! i would so take my kids there ;) love the play ground equipment pics. You would be great at it. Hugs, Jenn

Brittany said...

I say take your idea and run with it :-) You never know if something will work unless you try it out!! And that playground is flippin' adorableee! Love it.

alliehallmarr said...

This does sound very, very cute! The last school I worked at had an organic, vegetarian menu and the kids (and parents!) loved it! We had a huge garden and the kids ate the things they had grown. :)

Riahli said...

Wow I love this idea. I really, really do. It's so fresh and fun and we really do need more awesome daycares in the world with people running them who really care about the kids more then the money they are making...I thing you are on to something great!! :)

Lily Dawn said...

What a great idea- I love that farm playground... too cute!

And I think daycares are a great business to go into because they will always be needed, and if you are passionate about children and have unique ideas, I definitely think u be successful with it! =)