Sunday, March 21, 2010

Content


If there was ever a moment where I felt most content with my life, it would be now. Of course there are things that could be improved on. Things I could and should do, but all and all my heart is full and happy.


My mothers heart is flowing over with happiness. I have had my son for almost three years, and I am so confident in our relationship. I know that he loves me. He knows that I love him. The conversations we have, and the way my heart beams when I watch him grow.


I am not saying that we don't have our moments. We do.


He "tries" me some times. His scream/cry sometimes makes my head pound. Some times I don't feel like getting him ANOTHER glass of water. Some times when I walk into the bathroom and he is covered in my eye liner- I want to flip out. Sometimes I want to pull out my hair..


BUT...


More often then not he makes me smile.

More often then not his laughter radiates through out the house.

More often then not he surprises me.

More often then not he shows compassion and love.


Every night we say our prayers, and every night he holds my face and says "You're my favorite." then he kisses me. How can you not be madly deeply in love with that?


Smile more then you frown. Laugh before you yell. Hug and kiss as much as possible. Act silly. Teach. Create, and love. Thats what I would say to any new parent. Thats the list that makes each and every day worth living.


Thats whats making my son into and incredible young man.

7 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Very sweet :)

Soccer Balls & Showbiz Calls said...

Great advice and you are a wonderful mom. I can tell from all your posts that your heart is full.

He & Me + 3 said...

All those soccer balls and Showbiz calls were me of course. My daughters were signed in and I had no idea. Wonder how many other blogs I did that too. ugh.

Anonymous said...

I love this! You summed it up perfectly. :)

Cara S. said...

So sweet...just wanted to tell you I found you at Katie (love"s of Life) blog...you had me at your "un-wed mother" comment... ;) I feel ya girl.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Contentment; how could we wish for anything more?
really, this is the lottery.
The big win.
And boys who play with eyeliner? artsy. rockers.
He will have his own show on tv day.
You know, one of those GOOD shows.
Not the bad ones. :0

Elizabeth said...

How wonderful! :-) You are one lucky MOMMA!!