Monday, December 21, 2009

Thank you.

Dear Heavenly father,

Thank you for giving me the words I needed to say tonight. Thank you for allowing me to stay calm, and not to raise my voice. Thank you for teaching me patience, and for helping me to become a humble person. You allowed me to get through a tough conversation. I even surprised myself. You have taught me that you can still be a kind person, and STILL take care of yourself.

Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for second (and third and thousandth) chances... even when I DONT deserve them.

Thank you for forgiving choice that I've made. Thank you for making bad choices into awesome gifts.

Thank you for proving to me that it doesn't matter how far I fall, you are always there to catch me. Thank you for bandaging my ego, and loving me.

There is a reason, and a season for everything. I am so blessed to remember the real reason during this holiday season.

Sometimes we need a reminder. Thanks for mine.

With a full heart,
Me.

3 comments:

Lori said...

This is a perfectly beautiful prayer. You are amazing. My heart is full in just reading this. I don't know what happened or who this was with but I can guess. It really doesn't matter. I pray that you rest with much peace tonight, knowing that you are a gift and in His hands. XXOO To the moon and back!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow. That was a mouthful...and hearty too.

McFred said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.