Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast.


There are many reasons that I am THANKFUL for being a teacher. In fact there are 28 reasons that show up (almost) on a daily basis. They make me smile, they drive me nuts, and all and all make my life pretty stinkin' amazing! I love being in charge of art. I love that they get to excited to use their imaginations. I love that none of it is perfect, but THEY did it! I love that I can see kids who were just like me at that age! I love that even if they don't get loved on at home, that I get to love on them at school :) I am SO THANKFUL that God has given me the gift to teach. (and the opportunity!)

BUT yesterday I had YET another reason to be THANKFUL! Its something we like to call the "FEAST". We ask all our parents to contribute a little somethin-somethin to a Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, bread...etc... (you get the point.) Of course since I have such awesome parent participation our room was PACKED with food. I mean we didn't even have enough room to put it all! We got a full turkey AND a full chicken!!!! We even got four pies.. yes I said FOUR! It was incredible. We gorged ourselves with food, and even had more then enough for leftovers today! The feast was incredible, and if I dare say it, the leftovers were even better!!!

It was so wonderful being able to spend a little piece of Thanksgiving with my work-children! Plus it gave my tummy a little work-out before the big day! You know what they say.... PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!

Hope your Thanksgivings are filled with love, family, and LOTS of food! :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am so glad you enjoy your job and all those kiddos!!! It makes a world of difference having good parents to help out...you are lucky and YOU know it.
Have a wonderful holiday with your little man.

Sheri, RN said...

how cool to share it with all of them too! Hope you have a happy thanksgiving!

Summer said...

Sooooo sweet!

Tay had this at school too and he talked about it all day!

gram said...

Happy Thanksgiving Britney!

RileyScott said...

that is awesome....wish my work had stuff like that going on