Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A favorite pastime.


I have a favorite person, her name is Kathy. She's my aunt, who is more like a Grandmother. Growing up I spent many weekends with her. We loved to shop, lunch, talk, and watch movies. I loved all her old movies. My favorite saga were the "Gidget" movies. I never got sick of them. She owned all three, and I would watch them over and over.. and over again. She never complained. She'd just fix me a chocolate milk and peanut butter toast and curl up next to me.

We talked several times a week until this past year. I dont know how I let our relationship slip away. Between work, and Aidyn I feel I dont have the time. Which I know is silly! If I have time to blog, I can make time for one of the most important people in my life. :)

Well while on my supper date with FB, at Cracker Barrel, I decided to shop around the little shop. In one corner of the store was a small collection of movies. I was flipping through them when what did I see out of the corner of my eye?

Yes! The complete collection of Gidget movies on DVD!!!!!!

I was SO excited! I could not wait to get it home to watch. Of course being a mom meant it took two days before I could actually sit down and watch it. I popped the dvd in tonight as I was cleaning up, and I can't get enough. I am already on the second one (Gidget goes to Hawaii!). I still know every single song, and almost every word! I am incredibly in love with "Moondoggy" and I just dont think they make men like him anymore! I absolutely-positively LOVE old movies! I just dont think anything compares!!!

:) I'm off to the rest of my movies..

"A regular tomboy but dressed for a prom
Boy, how cute can one girl be?
Although she's not kingsize her finger is ring size.
Gidget is the one for me!"

P.s. If you want in on the action you can purchase your copy here!

4 comments:

RileyScott said...

Nice blog, hope to come back for more soon.
I use to live in florida for a couple of years too.

You have an adorable little boy

Busy Bee Suz said...

You need to call Aunt Kathy and send her a note and some pictures of the handsome boy!!! She will love that. :)
Enjoy your Gidget.

Lori said...

Yes, you need to call Kathy. She loves you dearly and I know for a fact that she understands that you are now very busy. But, I know she would love it if you sent her a card or letter or gave her a call.

Did you know Kaitlyn started a blog recently? Here's her blog address http://kaitlll.blogspot.com/

Love you to the moon and back!

Anonymous said...

I like you blog very much.