Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bathtub painting

Yesterday morning we had a wee bit of an accident on the dinning room floor. (which is carpeted) Aidyn decided to break out the poster paint, and paint the floor. Of course I over reacted and yelled at him. It came out of the carpet with soap, water, and a little elbow grease and all was well. Since most of the down stairs is carpeted (which sucks!) Aidyn doesn't get a lot of time for arts and crafts outside of school. So it got me thinking.......


and then it hit me!!! A genius mommy moment. I took our poster paper, and cut a big piece. I taped it to the side of the shower, and took down the shower curtain. I then poured some washable paint on the side of the bath tub, gave him some paint brushes, and got him undressed. It was then his turn to create a master piece!


We (or Aidyn) found out the hard way that it was a little slippery when he bumped his bottom, but that was quickly solved by putting down an old beach towel. Aidyn had a great time painting the picture, and even greater time painting himself!


After having his painting fun, I simply took down the paper, and started the water. He was already naked and ready for his bath. Not only did I clean the mess, but I cleaned him as well! It was the easiest painting time we've ever had!!!! He may not end up being the best artist in the world, but he sure is the cutest one I know! (and of course I took pictures to prove it!!!)




3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Genius idea!!!

Riahli said...

Now that is a super awesome idea!

~Tom~ said...

Oh what a really fun idea. I wish I had thought of this when my kids were younger.